Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Help on reading a STAR text

looking for help on understanding a text on a STAR. I have looked through the PDF manuals and can't find it. Also posted on the navigraph forum days ago with no reply!

For example look at LPPT STAR runway 03/35 from the NORTH and at the top of the STAR you have a white banner with an arrow at the end of the white banner, and it says RNAV STARs RWYs 03/35 SOUTH?

What does this white banner arrow with a text in it mean?

Cheers.

Vernon Howells

Are you looking at the 4-10 chart Jan 2015?

Or a chart that came with the airport?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Wow, thisis a tough one! I have the Lido legends document and the information is no there.

I keep looking for it anywhere...

Edit: I just had a look on the Navigraph forum where I see you posted also your question. 

So it would be just a reference to the next page according to what I read there.

I guess we have our answer.  :wink:

Edited by Budbud

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I use DOD plates and have 16 STARS for LPPT.  I need the actual STAR name before I can help you.

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

The question was not on the understanding of a STAR itself but an indication in the header of the LIDO SID/STAR charts.

It is not specific to one particular STAR but generic to all SID/STAR charts.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I use DOD plates and have 16 STARS for LPPT.  I need the actual STAR name before I can help you.

On the LIDO charts the STAR is -

STAR runway 03/35 from the NORTH

But this is just an example as any STAR with LIDO has this white banner and the text in it

Vernon Howells

What does this white banner arrow with a text in it mean?

I can't find it explicitly in the legend, but I as wrote in the Navigraph forum I see no other reasonable explanation than that it is a reference to the next page.

Stephen O'Connell

I don't use the Navigraph charts... can anyone share the answer they gave over there?

Thanks.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi guys just checking my eroute manual on my EFB hang on a sec ...

Ok i read checked my LIDO eroute manual (latest AIRAC cycle 13.08-26.08 -1533-) for LPPT and compared it with the LIDO Navigraph charts. In the real world use the individual SIDs and STARs rather than having them on one plate like the Navigraph charts. So there is no such arrow pointing out that there are different STARs too.

I checked the OM Part C chapter "General Part/Legends and Tables" and there is nothing like this arrow so my guess is that it is just a reminder that there are STARs for aircraft coming from the south as well. But in general i would disregard this arrow as it is obvious that Lisboa (and/or other airports) has northern and southern STARS.

So for navigation it is only necessary that the correct STAR is entered in the FMS and you have the corresponding chart opened on your clipboard or what ever you use for viewing charts.

Edited by Mickeyj

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I can't find it explicitly in the legend, but I as wrote in the Navigraph forum I see no other reasonable explanation than that it is a reference to the next page.

Thanks stephen for checking :)

Vernon Howells

In the real world use the individual SIDs and STARs rather than having them on one plate like the Navigraph charts.

Is there any specific company that you get these charts from? I hate these LIDO Navigraph charts.

Is there any specific company that you get these charts from? I hate these LIDO Navigraph charts.

Hello Mike,

im Cpt on an EMJ190 and working for Lufthansa. We get the Lido charts updates via an crew check in system. The Lido charts for Lufthansa are basically the same despite the differences in the SID/STARS.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Hello Mike,

im Cpt on an EMJ190 and working for Lufthansa. We get the Lido charts updates via an crew check in system. The Lido charts for Lufthansa are basically the same despite the differences in the SID/STARS.

Thanks for the information.