Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Help on reading a STAR text

Whats wrong with the charts michael?

Vernon

Probably nothing except for the change from Jeppesen to LIDO. Need to learn a different way that a lot of information is presented. For example SIDS out of EDDF. Both Jeppesen and VATSIM show a top altitude of 5000 ft. until cleared higher by ATC. I can't find that any place on the LIDO SIDS with this restriction. Thank god I don't need to use them for the United States.

Vernon

Probably nothing except for the change from Jeppesen to LIDO. Need to learn a different way that a lot of information is presented. For example SIDS out of EDDF. Both Jeppesen and VATSIM show a top altitude of 5000 ft. until cleared higher by ATC. I can't find that any place on the LIDO SIDS with this restriction. Thank god I don't need to use them for the United States.

Hi Michael,

the initial altitude is shown below the SID designator as well as in chapter 5 -SID text. Foe ex. EDDF SID MARUN 2M RWY 25L/C. It is like in the old days were we had paper charts the graphical charts and the SID text were separated from each other. With the introduction of the EFB nearly 8 years ago that has changed. Lido combined every single graphical chart with its text.

ScreenShot2015-08-19at07.18.54.png

ScreenShot2015-08-19at07.28.41.png

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

the initial altitude is shown below the SID designator
MJ

EDDP 26R MAG3N chart has 4000 below the designator and the text shows Initial Climb to 7000. Per Jeppesen and VATSIM it is 7000 ft. What's going on here. I am not trying to pick the charts apart. I am just trying to understand them.

MJ

EDDP 26R MAG3N chart has 4000 below the designator and the text shows Initial Climb to 7000. Per Jeppesen and VATSIM it is 7000 ft. What's going on here. I am not trying to pick the charts apart. I am just trying to understand them.

Hang on Mike gonna check my charts.

Ok got it the text form states the correct initial climb in case of EDDP it is FL70 (in german the transition altitude is 5000 feet)

I checked the legend again so that was my fault the altitude shown on the chart below the SID designator is the minimum enroute altitude for the secified segment of the SID. The text form gives you the correct initial climb altitude.

My apologies...

Edited by Mickeyj

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

EDDP i though were talking about EDDF?

We was!

and EDDP is just as he says also. were is the problem?

EDDP 26R MAG3N chart has 4000 below the designator and the text shows Initial Climb to 7000

Whats wrong with this?

mag3n2.jpg

MAG3N chart has 4000 clearly Marked 

mag3n.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I see now lol

Misleading anyway. I never noticed that one as the MEA is no briefing point when preparing an SID. Im a child of the magenta, guilty as charged :S

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

If would be helpful if you showed the complete charts and not just parts of them.

But you would climb straight to FL70 anyway after dept or unless cleared higher by ATC

Vernon Howells

But you would climb straight to FL70 anyway after dept or unless cleared higher by ATC

That´s correct. Usually or especially in the southern part of germany there will be an hand over from tower to centre ATC. If so it is stated in the SID text form. If no other  level will be given by ATC you stay at the initial climb altitude to stay clear of the arriving traffic 1000 feet above. 

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

If would be helpful if you showed the complete charts and not just parts of them.

Don't want to it might be copy right. Might be bad even showing that? You pay to see them you dont DL them and keep them/own them. Unless am wrong! Then am happy to show you the full chart.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Don't want to it might be copy right. Might be bad even showing that? You pay to see them you dont DL them and keep them/own them. 

+1

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Whats wrong with this?
Read the first sentence of post #17.