Sign in to follow this  
tazz

P3D 3.0 Speculation & General Nonsense

So far I haven't seen 1 item of legit news in this dumpster fire of a thread. please close it and let Avsim put a frontpage article when there is some real info.

To be honest, the most exciting times on these forums for years has been the few weeks/months preceding a new release of a core platform. For some reason the speculation is exciting - it gives us all something to look forward to. There is no harm in it.

It's all about managing expectations. Expect to be excited for 2 months until release......but then expect to live with disappointment and unfulfilled expectations for two years. Remember the FSX release? The most massive letdown ever until things slowly caught up two years later. :smile:.  I'm quietly confident that V3 will not disappoint, based on no information whatsoever.

Version 3 will work only using win 10 EDGE, that's the news.

What ?  You don't believe me ?

Why ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The right people are saying the right thing - we have something to actually look forward to, in the near future at that!

Sure, it will bring some negatives - incompatibilities and the like, but there is no denying LM's amazing work up to now makes v3 a tantalizing prospect for the flightsim community going forward.

v3 will be for tablet only and it's free to play if you don't mind having ads with Kate Upton asking you to be her hero popping up every 20 seconds

The right people are saying the right thing - we have something to actually look forward to, in the near future at that!

Sure, it will bring some negatives - incompatibilities and the like, but there is no denying LM's amazing work up to now makes v3 a tantalizing prospect for the flightsim community going forward.

Yes Sir - pretty much sums it up  :wink:

Rich Sennett

It will only have 5 airports and two aircraft but it will get 250 FPS....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It will only have 5 airports and two aircraft but it will get 250 FPS....

But hopefully subLogic will release USA Scenery East and USA Scenery West to add the rest of the airports in the US.  Is KCMI (Champaign-Urbana) one of the 5 airports?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

And there's a particular beta tester here who reminds us that they're under NDAs but seems to keep fueling speculation (perhaps no fault of his/her own) which leads to speculation piled on top of speculation.

Who could that be ... speculation will thrive with or without a dose of reality ... and I dare suggest speculation continues on long after the reality ... what is Real?  Never let speculation adjust your current reality.

I do think "Previews" are a good idea, but you have to realize 3rd party may also want to be a part of that preview process in a new platform version especially if they are contributing input (be it testing and/or feature requests) into the new platform.

FACTUAL is the V3 is coming out soon

Hmmm ... it is?  Who said that?

Follow the white rabbit ;)

Cheers, Rob.

But hopefully subLogic will release USA Scenery East and USA Scenery West to add the rest of the airports in the US. Is KCMI (Champaign-Urbana) one of the 5 airports?

Holy flashbacks, Batman. :)

Fs2_atis.gif

Holy flashbacks, Batman. :)

Maybe flashbacks, but no stutters or OOM's! LOL! And hunting down the German fighter was fun!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Maybe flashbacks, but no stutters or OOM's! LOL! And hunting down the German fighter was fun!

It couldn't stutter when you only got 5 fps and when you moved a control, it took the aircraft a few seconds to react in any way. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I lived in Champaign near that time but never met Artwick or came across the Sublogic folks. Wasn't until much later I discovered they had sold to MS.

Flew into KCMI on a cross country training flight back in the day.

Sorry, tripping down memory lane... :fool:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I lived in Champaign near that time but never met Artwick or came across the Sublogic folks. Wasn't until much later I discovered they had sold to MS.

Flew into KCMI on a cross country training flight back in the day.

Sorry, tripping down memory lane... :fool:

Willard was always my favorite field back in 5.0

Always love to follow that lear from Meigs. Thanks for the memories.