Sign in to follow this  
tazz

P3D 3.0 Speculation & General Nonsense

So a transparent Window would need to take into account the render order do all that rendering to get a scene then apply another pass and adjust the pixels once again to give a transparent look to the ATC window.  So we're looking at about 50% more render passes in P3D than in FSX where transparent ATC window isn't a big performance issue.

I think it was said in here before or the Prepar3D forums, but how about just overlaying the ATC text over the screen? In my opinion, much better than a non-transparent window. Can you make that suggestion to the developers?

Rob,  i lay my monitor on its back and held a telescope over your profile pic to see whats written on the banner your holding,  No clues there either

You need to go sub-pixel -- photoshop lets you do that :)  ... the picture update was needed, prior pic was almost a decade old ... the joys of being old and still thinking I'm 41.

Cheers, Rob.

but how about just overlaying the ATC text over the screen?

Think I tried to explain the difficulties involved in my response ... I think I failed in that task ... but to be clear I don't re-iterate to LM what has already been requested and responded to by LM ... they are aware.

Cheers, Rob.

You folks are very bad at looking for clues to the release of V3 from LM. .....It is clear as day and you all are missing it!!!.....LOL!! Look at Rob's post 555 and the answer is there!!! OK here you go the answer.....V3 is any day now because Rob has time to give long detailed answers again and also update his profile pic. That just has to mean he is done with the Beta test and Version 3 is in the pipeline!!! "Elementary  MY Dear Watson" LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

"Elementary MY Dear Watson" LOL

PLUS Pete is on holiday!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

PLUS Pete is on holiday!

Vic

Pete's Holiday schedule is the Key.  Yeah, I am grateful for all his work, he needs a vacation especially tweaking for FSUIPC that he has been doing.

Looking forward to it (whenever that is).

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Imho we will see info about v3 already in this month...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

FWIW, Pete was replying on his forum yesterday 23rd, so some holiday!  Also 4.4945 FSUIPC released (still says 4.4944 on download link) .exe dated 23rd as well.  I read the release notes (first time for ages) - some interesting things but specifically no mention of V3 (or 2.6  :P ), so . . . draw your own . . .

Think I tried to explain the difficulties involved in my response ... I think I failed in that task ... but to be clear I don't re-iterate to LM what has already been requested and responded to by LM ... they are aware.

Unless I'm missing something, you were only talking about a separate window. What I mean is something like the info brought up by the SHIFT+Z command.

If what I'm saying has been mentioned only in this forum, then I don't think they're aware. In the official forums Beau only talked about a window.

Unless I'm missing something, you were only talking about a separate window. What I mean is something like the info brought up by the SHIFT+Z command.

If what I'm saying has been mentioned only in this forum, then I don't think they're aware. In the official forums Beau only talked about a window.

I requested exactly this on the LM forum a long time ago (1 yr?), but it did not meet much response, supposedly as I'm a nobody.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

FWIW, Pete was replying on his forum yesterday 23rd, so some holiday! Also 4.4945 FSUIPC released (still says 4.4944 on download link) .exe dated 23rd as well. I read the release notes (first time for ages) - some interesting things but specifically no mention of V3 (or 2.6 :P ), so . . . draw your own . . .

All that tells me is that Pete learns quickly from his previous oversights/mistakes ;)

Hurry up V3, my new system eagerly awaits!

Mike

Anyone knows why getting this done is so hard...? Since FSX had it...?

Who actually uses the stupid canned ATC anyway?   It's ridiculous.

A little over simplified, but hopefully you get the idea ...

Thanks for this very informative post, Rob! Much appreciated. I get the idea and as far as I'm concerned LM can forget about getting it transparent!  :wink:

You need to go sub-pixel -- photoshop lets you do that :)

Oh i didnt know that, very cool 

the picture update was needed, prior pic was almost a decade old ... the joys of being old and still thinking I'm 41.

Wisdom never gets old Rob :smile:       As I slip into my early 40's im starting to understand and fear my own mortality, depending on your personality it can be a daunting thing and one not to dwell on too much as it will leave you with more questions then answers (me anyway) :Nail Biting:

Anyways........

:ohmy: 

I do  :sad2:....... .......I like the Default ATC,  mixing it with My Traffic 6 + ASN leaved me with loads of chatter.  Also thank you to ErichB who introduced me to Livespeak.net,  very good indeed

:Tounge: 

Livespeak.net,

Liveatc.net. Get it right Elaine :Devil::P

I requested exactly this on the LM forum a long time ago (1 yr?), but it did not meet much response, supposedly as I'm a nobody.

Ah, it might've been one of your posts then. I think it's a great idea, a lot better than a big and ugly window.

I do...?  :mellow: