Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

AI Traffic programs - what is everyone using these days?

Now that Windows 10 is here and I have at the same time made the jump to DX10, doing some other housekeeping on MS-FSX. I noticed that ''My Traffic X v5.4c'' is a discontinued product. So what is everyone else using these days, seems there are many options. Which ones are best and why?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Now that Windows 10 is here and I have at the same time made the jump to DX10, doing some other housekeeping on MS-FSX. I noticed that ''My Traffic X v5.4c'' is a discontinued product. So what is everyone else using these days, seems there are many options. Which ones are best and why?

I'm using MyTraffic 6 after dumping UT2. Windows 10 is not a good idea at this point in time IMHO. I have read so many compatibility issues in the gaming world, including FSX, that I am going to wait and see.

Which ones are best and why?

This topic has been beaten to death over the past 7 years. The conclusion is, there is no best.

I'd suggest doing a search here for your question and you'll get tons of hits listing the pros and cons of each AI traffic package.

The two main payware packs that people use are UT2 and the latest version of MTX. For freeware there is WOAI. Or, if you want to build your own traffic you can do that as well using all freeware tools, models and textures. Very time consuming but rewarding.

What's best for me is UT2 and some WOAI packs. Your needs might be different however.

Anyway, do a search for this question and read the hundreds of replies to your question. It'll save you time since it's been asked and others time so they don't have to answer it again for the hundredth time.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Since you have MyTraffic 5.4c and are familiar with it just upgrade to 6. WOAI is a product in FS8 data format.

WOAI has staying power.  A little tweak and trick and she's good to go for P3D. :)

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

This topic has been beaten to death over the past 7 years. The conclusion is, there is no best.

I'd suggest doing a search here for your question and you'll get tons of hits listing the pros and cons of each AI traffic package.

The two main payware packs that people use are UT2 and the latest version of MTX. For freeware there is WOAI. Or, if you want to build your own traffic you can do that as well using all freeware tools, models and textures. Very time consuming but rewarding.

What's best for me is UT2 and some WOAI packs. Your needs might be different however.

Anyway, do a search for this question and read the hundreds of replies to your question. It'll save you time since it's been asked and others time so they don't have to answer it again for the hundredth time.

Thanks Capt Speirs and jimburke.

So I have three options so far then: MTX, UT2 and My Traffic 6.

What is "MTX"? Is that "My Traffic X"? But then this is what I have and it is apparently old and discontinued?

My question has been asked hundreds of times yes... but it would appear rather less so in recent times. A Google search BEFORE I posted here threw up multitudes of posts going back to 2007-2012 for the most part. That info is totally outdated and thus irrelevant. I'm just looking to make an informed decision and what better place to get that than here at Avsim.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

There's no "right" answer, but here's why you'd choose each:

* Choose MyTraffic 6 for up to date schedules, support and lower performance hit.  Live with the ropey visuals.

* Choose UT2 for prettier models.  Live with the VAS hit and older schedules, hope you don't need support

* Choose WoAI for everything just how you want it and free.  Live with the fact that you will have to invest serious time in getting it just so.

I'm looking more for things to complicate my flight rather than caring about the eye candy or being precious about holding for the twice weekly 20:30 Qantas departure to Syndey, so I went for MyTraffic 6 as it's lower performance hit and works well with VoxATC.  YMMV.

Just the info I was looking for - thanks Flying Penguin. Looks like MT6 is the one for me. Just hope that My Traffic X 5.4c uninstalls nice and cleanly now.....

Cheers to all! :good: ​ 

GregH

If you want good models and upto date schedules go for ut2 and my updates.(6 gigs,and 4 years of work) Takes about 30 mins to download and install

If you want to crap models and a year old inaccurate schedules but installs out the box then take mt6.

Ive had 20 People or so take my updates all have said they are fantastic, but it takes you 30 mins to download and install all my updates

14ppkc-6.png

If you want good models and upto date schedules go for ut2 and my updates.(6 gigs,and 4 years of work) Takes about 30 mins to download and install

If you want to crap models and a year old inaccurate schedules but installs out the box then take mt6.

Ive had 20 People or so take my updates all have said they are fantastic, but it takes you 30 mins to download and install all my updates

Hi Pete,

How do I get your update? Much appreciated

Cheers,

Dinshaw.

The best AI program I've ever utilized in FTX AU Traffic with WOAI models. Both are FREE. I only install the WOAI models in the countries that I like to fly.

FTX AI is available for AU & NZ regions. It also installs an improved ATC. It's just remarkable, but you need the FTX regions.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

FTX AI is pretty good but ONLY covers Australia and NZ. MyTraffic includes some realistic schedules but also MANY many unrealistic ones as well. If you just want to fill your simulated skies with simple looking traffic then MyTraffic is a good basic start.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS