Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

Rebuilding 2.5 for the third time

As the title states, rebuilding 2.5, again. First, it was problems created by the migration tool, P3D began to crash after a message saying that the tool, even though disabled, had to restart the sim. It never started again. Next, I decided to let go of all non-P3D addons and had the sim running perfectly for a few hours. The next to the last step was adding Mytraffic 6. I followed the "instructions" ahem, exactly. I had it running in 2.4 so it wasn't as if I couldn't follow what the guy was saying. The instructions are only slightly different for 2.5. After install, the first time trying to run the program, I get an error about an invalid remote scenery path and of course I had no traffic. I tried to research a fix, what I found were forum posts that were not much better than the darn instructions to begin with. I then decided to just uninstall it and reinstall again. So I uninstalled the program but the error wouldn't go away. I then did a system restore, the error remained. Finally, I deleted the scenery.cfg the terrain cfg and the simobjects.cfg to get the sim to rebuild those. Of course that deleted all the scenery I spent the better part of yesterday installing. So far my experience with LM's new folder structure has been nothing but trouble. I am beginning again from scratch, and later today I will be looking at the darn Mytraffic install again. PLEASE, if anyone could provide a link, or detailed instructions for MT6, and then VoxAtc. I would be grateful.

p.s. For those who may have seen it, I told ya that as soon as I moved to 2.5, 3.0 would be released. Looks like I wasn't too far off.

James McLees

I've just followed these exactly...

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/79212-p3d-v2-users-simple-installation-instructions-for-mt6/

This is the error message...

Scenery cfg. file error. Invalid remote scenery path in scenery area 147.

then

Local scenery directory (C\mytrafficprofessional\SCENERY)in scenery area 152 not found.

I stress...I followed these instructions and the instructions provided exactly.

Can anybody sort this out before I have to email the developer?

James McLees

I haven't bothered to get to the bottom of it because I don't use the migration tool very often these days but I've noticed that later builds were doing some altering that messed pretty heavily with my installation. It was adding an entry to the DLL file which is likely what causes that error message when you go to start P3D at some point thereafter and I also found that it was reordering my CFG file alphabetically, by heading. The rare times I use it (almost exclusively for editvoicepack), I backup the CFG, DLL and EXE files and replace after using. Should almost go without saying that I removed the entry from the DLL file... and found that the tool still works. Again, haven't bothered pestering them on their board or inquiring much...

I've worked it out...still MT6 and LatinVFR's KSNA do not work well together. The aircraft are inside the terminals. Coincidentally, KSNA "was" scenery 147 from above, it worked prior to installing MT6 so something happens to it when MT6 is installed. I've duplicated it twice. I suppose that I will use KSNA for PilotEdge or turn it off when using MT6.

James McLees

They should work fine together. Be sure to delete the MT AFCAD for KSNA so that it doesn't conflict with LatinVFR's. I haven't loaded up KSNA in a while since I wasn't happy with the photoscenery blending--or lack thereof--but I can reload it to check if you need.

Greg what would the path be to find and delete the MT6 AFCAD for KSNA?

James McLees

You'll have to find the primary directory folder where you installed MT6, and then navigate to MyTraffic>Scenery> and then for any addon airport you have, search for the ICAO code (in this case "KSNA") and disable it. You should have 3 BGL files:

- BR2_KSNA.BGL

- KSNA2010_KA_OBJ.BGL, and

- KSNA TOWER redlight effect.BGL

I prefer to rename them rather than delete, so, for instance, rename the first file to BR2_KSNA.BGL.off

Lastly, I have my scenery entry for MT6 as the 3rd from the bottom in the scenery library. Only scenery/BASE and scenery/world are beneath it.

Jimmy - this is off the wall but I recall when MT6 was first released that several people had the same issue. Someone (not I) found that some of the scenery.cfg entries had something like .new or .org attached - I do NOT recall the specific xxx. Removing the xxx solved the issue.

I've looked for the thread but cannot find it. Look in your scenery.cfg file and see if some of the entries look different .

Wish I could be more specific.  :(

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Okay that worked! Thanks Greg. Now to get VOX working with MT6!

James McLees

Good to hear! Also, if you're not using it already, try SceneryConfigEditor. If for not other reason it will visually show you if there's a typo or conflict in your scenery config file and it also allows you to automatically reorder your entire list if in the event you need to move something around... perhaps via its handy drag and drop function.

Good to hear! Also, if you're not using it already, try SceneryConfigEditor. If for not other reason it will visually show you if there's a typo or conflict in your scenery config file and it also allows you to automatically reorder your entire list if in the event you need to move something around... perhaps via its handy drag and drop function.

+1. Highly recommend (it is a must have for me) Scenery Config Editor. Version 1.1.3 is the most current and works great with P3D. Saves a lot of work! Here is the direct link to SourceForge which is the home of it: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/files/latest/download

Hope this helps.

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.