Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

Aerobask ViperJet is Released!

I've found their interior textures have shown a steady progression through their releases; the E1000 (which I have the most hours on of any XP aircraft so far) was my favorite thus far, but the ViperJet is better yet.  It reminds me a lot of RealAir textures: clean and crisp, but with a hand drawn look. 

Since pretty much everything of theirs is based on aircraft made out of composite materials, I guess it kinda works for the most part?  I do wish metal toggle switches looked like metal though.

Anyhow, just my opinion!

Other thoughts:

- I have absolutely no noticeable performance hit with this such as Ryan found.  Runs smooth as silk.

- The cockpit is laid out wonderfully.  Everything is nicely iin front of you, lots of information.  I guess that's the beauty of modelling a kit plane, you can put whatever avionics in it you like.  It's nice to see the GNS 530 in it's proper frame for a change!  I don't mind it filling a MFD in the E1000, but it's something you have to get used to, and purposely forget about. 

- The avionics aren't terribly in-depth, but look the part.  I don't know them well enough to know what's missing.

- I don't see any trim switches in the cockpit, using keys or buttons is a must. It does display all three trims on the Garmin though.

- Lighting is simple, but looks great at night.

- It's almost as much (or more) fun to fly this from the backseat. Better panoramic view, smaller instrument cluster.

- Handles great.  Goes nice and fast.

- Great value for the price (I guess doubly so since I got it on points).  Coming from the FSX world, it still surprises me to see quality stuff this cheap.

I'm quite happy with it, off to go fly!  And look up the range....

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Is there a key to get to the backseat?

Plane reminds me of Ant's Wallaby jet for fsx!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is there a key to get to the backseat?

The #2 quick view was already pre-setup for the backseat view.

I've been using an old PS2 controller with a USB adapter for XP viewing, since I had yet to wire in any yoke buttons (or a hat switch) on my rebuilt PFC yoke. I quite like it, so it's stuck around, even when I fly something using my X55 (which of course does have a hat switch).  I have the d-pad set up for look up/down/left/right, the buttons on the right set up for forward/back/left/right, and the four shoulder buttons set up for quick views #1 & #2, both recall and to set.  It's quite awesome.  You are able to walk around your aircraft (or the airport) with it just like you're in a mmo or fps.

Even when in the aircraft, it lets you virtually get up from the pilots seat, walk to the back, sit down and look out the window.

In fact, when I switch back to FSX, I find the view and camera controls quite clumsy to use now!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

The #2 quick view was already pre-setup for the backseat view.

Ahh I bet mine won't work because of Track IR.  I tried programming a button for quick look 2 and it's kinda a forward cockpit view.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I tried programming a button for quick look 2 and it's kinda a forward cockpit view.

Program another button to save the #2 view (or use the default key command), physically move the view back yourself, then save it.  I have no idea how TrackIR may affect that though!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.