Sign in to follow this  
OfficialAlex6

Airport rendering issue

After any flight the airports do not render correctly. The airport is in the ground, AI planes are in the ground, taxiways and runways are a lot lower than where they should be, which therefore makes it look like the aircraft is floating in mid air when it isn't. The airport and runway is not visible when making the approach until the aircraft is approximately 50ft from the ground.

Did your Sim ever work correctly?  What have you installed lately to cause this to happen?  Is it only

one airport that is causing this issue?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Did your Sim ever work correctly?  What have you installed lately to cause this to happen?  Is it only

one airport that is causing this issue?

Never worked correctly, tried reinstalling multiple times and have not installed anything. It happens at any airport and the only airport that is fine is the one I start at.

OK, sounds interesting!  So the Sim starts out OK at whatever airport for departure but as your

flight progresses it turns out badly.  I would start by asking if you are using a laptop that

might be getting overheated or if you are using  a desktop computer that the tower unit

that sits on the floor collecting dust and needs a good cleaning.  Sounds like an overheating

problem causing the graphics to go bad.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

OK, sounds interesting!  So the Sim starts out OK at whatever airport for departure but as your

flight progresses it turns out badly.  I would start by asking if you are using a laptop that

might be getting overheated or if you are using  a desktop computer that the tower unit

that sits on the floor collecting dust and needs a good cleaning.  Sounds like an overheating

problem causing the graphics to go bad.

I use a desktop PC and I have cleaned out the dust many times and it doesn't seem to change anything.

I use a desktop PC and I have cleaned out the dust many times and it doesn't seem to change anything.

Are all the fans turning? Like the GPU fan?

How long are your flights?  Are we talking several hours?  Have you tried a short flight of an hour or less to

see if that makes a difference?  And to confirm...Your Departure airport and scenery looks OK, but your

Arrival airport and scenery are bunk?

Charlie Aron

How long are your flights?  Are we talking several hours?  Have you tried a short flight of an hour or less to

see if that makes a difference?  And to confirm...Your Departure airport and scenery looks OK, but your

Arrival airport and scenery are bunk?

I tried a flight from Sharm-El-Sheikh to Manchester and one from Manchester to Newcastle (One short haul and the other medium haul) and had the issue both times. And yes, departure airport and scenery is OK but the arrival airport and scenery are not rendering correctly. I have also tried with different airports and it happens.

let fsx rebuild the fsx.cfg file

is this default scenery?

I will try that now and it is the default scenery.

Have you flown any of the Missions or Tutorial Missions like Rome-Naples or Transitioning to Jets,

which is a takeoff and landing each being about 20-30 minutes in length.   Your problem seems

like it's a time-based thing and something is heating up.  Do you have plenty of free air space

around your tower, no papers, folders, or books covering air vents?  Might be worth trying

it with the covers off of the computer tower.

Charlie Aron

Are you using FSX Gold with Acceleration installed?  If not, do you have SP1 and SP2 installed?

Charlie Aron

Have you flown any of the Missions or Tutorial Missions like Rome-Naples or Transitioning to Jets,

which is a takeoff and landing each being about 20-30 minutes in length.   Your problem seems

like it's a time-based thing and something is heating up.  Do you have plenty of free air space

around your tower, no papers, folders, or books covering air vents?  Might be worth trying

it with the covers off of the computer tower.

Tried that mission and it works fine. There is also plenty of free space.

Are you using FSX Gold with Acceleration installed?  If not, do you have SP1 and SP2 installed?

Yep, FSX Gold w/ accelleration

Now we need to start narrowing this problem down.  Since the Mission was only 30 minutes long, how

about a short freeflight Manchester to Leeds-Bradford?  (gotta practice those cross-wind landings).  How

far to the right are your scenery sliders, AI sliders, water slider, etc?  Now might be a

good time to list your computer specs.  CPU Speed, Ram amount, etc.

Charlie Aron

Now we need to start narrowing this problem down.  Since the Mission was only 30 minutes long, how

about a short freeflight Manchester to Leeds-Bradford?  (gotta practice those cross-wind landings).  How

far to the right are your scenery sliders, AI sliders, water slider, etc?  Now might be a

good time to list your computer specs.  CPU Speed, Ram amount, etc.

Flight from Manchester to Leeds-Bradford was fine. Airport loaded with no problems apart from a few visual glitches when I looked at it from above.

All my sliders are at about half way.

My computer specs are as follows:

Intel quad core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 OC Edition w/ 2048mb video memory.

May also be worth noting that I have my GPU fans on max speed in an attempt to cool it down a bit more.