Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Moving P3Dv2 to larger Ssd

I have my P3D installed on a ssd separate from my os. Is it as easy as installing new ssd and copy and paste then reassign new ssd my old ssd drive letter? Will addons be affected that are on this drive? Ezdok, Orbx, Accufeel?

Kevin Humphryes

You can try using one of the drive cloning utilities. Most of them will perform clones to a different sized hard drive..

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have my P3D installed on a ssd separate from my os. Is it as easy as installing new ssd and copy and paste then reassign new ssd my old ssd drive letter? Will addons be affected that are on this drive? Ezdok, Orbx, Accufeel?

Yes to the first question.

I would do a backup / restore drive, but copy will also do it.

Bert

Copy should work, just make sure to change the drive letter after the copy to your original drive letter (you'll have to remove or re-assigned the old drive to a new letter).

The new SSD drive ID (not drive letter) may trigger copy protection of some 3rd party software.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Fspilot, Bert and Rob I feel a lot better about doing this now. Some say use cloning tool some say copy paste.

Kevin Humphryes

Since you have P3D on a non-OS drive, it makes things A LOT easier.  Cloning tools are typically used for OS drive.

Cheers, Rob.

Cloning tools are typically used for OS drive.

Rob, as usual, makes a good point!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I installed p3d on a freshly formated 250 GB SSD. No problem, just make sure add ons for p3d go to that drive.

Regards

Lamar Wright