Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Aerosoft Brussels EBBR

Ah well... BTW does FlyTampa LGAV v1.5 apply to FS9??? I didn't notice any references on their forums.

does FlyTampa LGAV v1.5 apply to FS9?

No, it doesn't. Only FSX/P3D.

The new features do not work under FS9.

Thanks, I thought as much.

It irritatingly keeps popping up on SimMarket under "FS2004".

Apparently FS9 has pretty much dropped dead as far as sales go.  That's a darn shame but not unexpected.

DJ

Time to learn scenery design.
I agree... let's start with NZAA  :wub:

Apparently FS9 has pretty much dropped dead as far as sales go. That's a darn shame but not unexpected.

DJ

But if Aerosoft cites the success of their "Megasale" as indicator, this can only lead to wrong conclusions. Who wants to buy the very first sceneries for FS9 from the middle 2000s today? That was a self fulfilling prophecy indeed. A typical "M******".

However, a new EBBR rendition would have been nice, but it's more important for me that a freeware developer like, lets say, A.Anta provides another Russian Krai package every second week...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

GeyerH - just do a fast post count on the FSX and FS9 forums and then look at activity.  I've seen a couple of days go by without a new post on this forum. According to sources across the web, the FS9 user base is less than 25% of the FS market and that's why most developers have left the FS9 market. I still use FS9, you still use FS9, and so, presumably do the rest of the folks in this thread, but for a lot of new development FS9 is over.

DJ

With new development quickly drying up, I started to teach myself GMAX and Sketch Up. They both have steep learning curves. My frustration levels rise and I drop it for a few weeks.

Unfortunately, we will need to take the bull by the horns and either do our own scenery or offer developers to pay a premium to help them maintain their margins.

I think with P3D approaching V3 and V4 on the distant horizon, developers will be allocating their resources to go with the market. My thoughts are once P3D is stable and optimized, that's where everyone will be going.

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

I am already there Groovy ... have been ever since P3D v2 was released (fly GA Australia only) also have FSX:SE, but FS9 is still my sim of choice, fly tubes all over the world into payware airports, heavy weather all accessories with nary a problem including lack of OOM's.

Still there are thousands of sceneries, aircraft, paints & AI to explore and digest.  FS9 will NEVER be boring. However if members move on so-be-it,  what ever turns one on.

Appliance is absolutely correct.  There are hundreds of excellent add-ons for FS9 and it's a great big world in there. My own setup is beautiful and gives me hours of pleasure. I do testing and support for an unspecified developer who does FS9 and FSX so that I have both and enjoy both, but FS9 is my sim of choice for the sheer smoothness of the thing.

DJ

Ok the thread is back....but with what looks like the same outcome. :lol:

Time to learn scenery design. :Nerd:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/71084-brussels-international-preview/&page=18

Well, I can, for example compile aerial images for any airport.

Problem is that you are not allowed to re-use/redistribute the Google/Bingmaps satellite images.

Not even for a freeware project...  :fool: