Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

World Traffic VERSION 2

Its now *almost* a complete setup....We have the program, the aircraft (bluebells) the complete flight plans, now we just need the ground routes (being worked on currently), and then its sorted! 

Hello I´m thinking about buy World Traffic my question is the install is easy? Does need to install pyton programs or something? Is like MyTraffic for FSX? Thank you.

Hello I´m thinking about buy World Traffic my question is the install is easy? Does need to install pyton programs or something? Is like MyTraffic for FSX? Thank you.

World Traffic is a very nice AI program for X-Plane. BUT, it is not plug and play like My Traffic 6 or UT2. As stated earlier in the thread, it requires ground traffic routes and route files. Some are available on the .org but there are a lot of airports that don't have them. There are utilities available to create them but it's dependent on how the airport is created as to whether you can create ground routes with these utiities. It can be pretty labor intensive but when it work, it looks very nice. The other problem is that ATC does not recognize these aircraft so they are uncontrolled. If someone could come up with a plug and play traffic program for X-Plane, they could rule the world!

NAX669.png

I see. Still a long way, but hopefully we will have ai traffic in X-Plane like we have on MSFS. 

Thanks for your answer. 

Yes, as in FSX with AFACD it's just a matter of people's contribution: if every WT user did ground routes for 5 airports we'll soon have hundreds of airports covered.

Desaix

What utility are you using for ground routes. I've tried the one that is Python based, but if the airport designer didn't designate the atc nodes it won't generate ground routes.

NAX669.png

I don't yet have WT, but as a Mac user I'm happy to buy anything that will run on a Mac as an XP add-on...

Is there a list somewhere of which airports have ground traffic done already?  If it's reasonably simple I'd like to have a go at doing some but wouldn't want to do anything for an airport that was already done obviously.  Question-  if a ground route was done for an XP stock airport, does it automatically work for an add-on for the same airport, or does the add-on require a separate ground route to be constructed?

Thanks, bruce.