Sign in to follow this  
Tight Git

FO Runway Confusion

My MCE First Officer seems to be confused over the runway designations at Manchester (EGCC) and Stansted (EGSS).

I'm using PMDG747 in FSX with RC4/MCE and UK2000 scenery with latest Nav Data update.

Starting at EGCC, RC4 ATC allocates 23R for take off and I can enter this in the FMC.

23R is also shown painted on the runway in the scenery, however my FO ignores my "Active Runway 23R" call but will accept (and repeat) 24R, which I believe is what it used to be a few years ago.

Similarly, on approaching EGSS, RW22 is allocated by RC4 ATC, I can enter it into the FMC and it's painted on the runway.

However, my FO only accepts "Landing Runway 23", which is what it was previously.

It would seem the FO is looking at out of date maps!

Any idea what's going on, please?

I am sure someone will be along with a definitive answer. In the meantime, I would run Peter Dawson's Make Runways utility. This "grabs" any new airport scenery you have installed. I believe the runway designations will then be "visible" to ATC.

Hope it helps.

cheers

David

Thanks for the quick response.

I should have mentioned that I'd tried that, but I've run it again to make certain and no change.

Good thought, though. :smile:

Actually, ATC (from RC4) are getting everything correct.

It's my FO who lives in the past...

Wondering if your answer is in the thread you started about this last year? Apparently MCE isn't using the runway info from your UK2000 scenery (EGSS 04/22), but instead it's only reading from the default runway data (EGSS 05/23). Did the MCE folks ever send you the replacement file mentioned in the linked post?

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Oh dear, I'd completely forgotten I'd raised this problem the last time I flew Manchester to Stansted! :fool:

And I've no idea whether I was sent a replacement file...

(It must be true when Mrs TG says senile dementia is setting in.)

With apologies, perhaps FS++ can jog what's left of my memory, please?

With apologies, perhaps FS++ can jog what's left of my memory, please?

There are 2 possible ways to address the issue.

1 - Update files in \Multi Crew Experience\NavData\ folder to reflect the changes.

2 - Get co-pilot to ask you to confirm the runway you mentioned is the correct one, when there is a discrepancy.

Will try to implement option 2 in next update, so for expected runway say 22, 21 or 23 (and the variants, L, R, C) would be considered acceptable answers.

Many thanks Gerald and sorry I completely forgot that I had the same query last year.

(I don't like to use my age as an excuse, but being the wrong side of 70...)

Your option 2 would appear to answer the problem completely, as it would be universal for any airport that changes its runway designations.

I look forward to the update in due course.

Best wishes to all at FS++. :smile:

Just to confirm that the latest MCE update (2.6.5.2) has completely cured the problem.

Thanks again. :smile: