Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Help removing My Traffic X

Hi all,

I am moving from My Traffic X 5.4c to My Traffic 6.

Part of the uninstall procedure calls for manual removal of the MyTraffic entry in the .cfg . They are not specific about this. All it says in the manual is: "Remove the MyTraffic entry from FSX.cfg"

Below is a copy paste of the only entry I can find in my .cfg:

[Main]
DisablePreload=1
HideMenuFullscreen=1
HideMenuNormal=0
Location=230,25,2330,1415,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=1
PerfBucket=7
ProcSpeed=9496
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter​

Do I delete the entire line ''SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft'' and if so, do I renumber the line below to read SimObjectPaths.6 (from 7)?

Thanks in advance.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Do I delete the entire line ''SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft'' and if so, do I renumber the line below to read SimObjectPaths.6 (from 7)?

Yes.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks Ernie and 777200LRF.

As far as I know the IVAO_MTL entry is used for online flying - allows one to see the correct aircraft models/liveries of others during online sessions. 

Not part of MyTraffic X but maybe it can be deleted.... that's a whole new question...?

Out of interest, after removing My Traffic X 5.4c, the start up time of the sim is significantly reduced. I guess it will be slowed down again once I install My Traffic 6 (already purchased and downloaded but it's now bed time for me :-)

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Yep.. The more aircraft in the SimObjects folder the longer the load time.  I've got the FSX default folders plus UT2, AI Aircraft and WOAI. 

More than enough time to make a cup of coffee.

I vasilate between UT2 and MyTraffic, so I currently have the SimObjects MyTraffic entry removed as well as the MyTraffic folder unchecked in Scenery Config Editor.

Ernest Pergrem