Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Problems with BT and Saitek Throttle and Trim Wheel Modules

I have the B-25 BT installed into my FSX.  I haven't used it in a long time because I have been focused on many GA aircraft.

Last weekend I was at the Comox Air Show and got to have a first hand look at a restored B-25 Mitchell, this has caused me to want to fire up my MAAM version in FSX again.

Since I first bought and installed the BT I have bought Saitek Yoke, Throttle set, Trim Wheel, Multi Switch panel and Pro pedals.

For some reason my trim wheel and throttle set are not working properly.  Trim doesn't work at all and the throttle works but pitch and mixture are not working.

I went into the assignment settings and tried to set or reset them and I can't get anything assigned to those functions in the BT.

Is someone able to provide me with some insight into why my Saitek flight hardware isn't working properly with the BT.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Well that was interesting.

Tried several other planes and found out that for some reason I lost all my Saitek settings for buttons, joystick etc.

Spent an lengthy period resetting my controls, including reinstalling drivers, and control panels etc.  Everything is fixed now.

My assumption is that when my darling dog started chewing on a connecting USB cord and pierced through to the wires that somehow this caused the problem, I don't know how but otherwise I can't figure it out.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Likely shorted out or severed the USB wires, thus the computer could no longer detect the device.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.