Sign in to follow this  
TheStig

New member with FSX-SE

Hi Guys,

Been lurking and reading up a lot so thought it was time to sign up  :smile: Im not new to the sim but i am new to making it better with addons.

I've recently purchased a fairly decent spec gaming pc. (specs below) I did have the boxed version of FSX but decided to get the steam edition while it was on sale. Ive since bought a few addons, 

REX essential plus w/overdrive

Orbx FTX global base

Orbx FTX England

Uk2000 Gatwick

Ive also bought Ultimate traffic 2 and VFR London and they arrived today but not as yet installed. 

With the addons, it has certainly improved FSX a bit, but i'm still not getting the good graphics/textures that are advertised on the pictures. I'm wondering what i'm doing wrong? Ive seen videos on youtube (not the edited ones) and they look much better than mine but they have an older spec pc. I would hope that mine is up to scratch. I didnt build it specifically for FSX but for gaming in general. Im currently running it on a 42 inch full HD tv tempoarily till i get a decent monitor. I was thinking maybe i have the resolution setup incorrectly?

Spec as follows...

Power supply - Corsair CX750

Processor - Intel Core i7 4790k 4.00ghz (overclockable but not as yet)

RAM - 8GB DDR3

Graphics - Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 4gb

HD - Seagate barracuda 1TB hard drive

Any input greatly apprciated.

Stig

The pictures your looking at are most likely embellished with Bloom and other special filters along with special Nvidia configurations.  Those people spend hours if not days tweaking to get the look they want.

Most developers do the same enhancing the screenshots with filters and such as it makes the product more attractive to the buyer and probably sells more in the end.

If you trying for that look maybe somebody on this board who is good at it can help as I'm not the one;  just letting you know why your not seeing what you thought you were getting.

Good Luck.

Sean Green