Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

NAV1 Radio Not Working

Hi all,

I tried a forum search on this in addition to looking through the manuals but could not locate an answer.

For an unknown reason, I can't get NAV1 radio to operate. Whether I input a VOR station frequency or an ILS frequency - it is not responding / working. NAV 2 is fine.

Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?

I've looked at the Radio Stack and the Overhead Panel and all looks ok.....I'm obviously missing something.

Appreciate any assistance.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi,

Do you use the failure system and have you check if you don't have a failure active?

What do you mean by "it is not responding"? 

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Romain,

I don't use the failure system.

To be clearer about the radio - I punch in a VOR or ILS frequency into Nav1 and it is not being recognised at all. No identifier name is displaying, nor any DME.

NAV 2 radio is working properly - punch in a VOR frequency, and the identifier and DME displays accordingly.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

maybe the display switch for the vor1 is in the wrong position? thus the radio would be working but not displayed on the MFD?

cheers

-andy crosby

G7wXrWc.jpg

Thanks Andy, but I did check that prior to posting this.

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Damn!

Andy, you were on the right track.

I only checked to see that the VOR 1 on Captains EFIS was "ON" and it was.

However, I just started another flight and decided to cycle both VOR 1 and VOR 2 radio switches from ON to OFF to On again and presto! VOR1 started to work again.

It may have something to do with the fact that I saved my own panel state and auto start up on that? Perhaps?

Lesson learned here....

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers