Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

VoxATC and MT6 installed

Hello all!

I have just upgraded my P3D to 2.5, installed Mytraffic 6 and finally VoxATC. Both Vox and MT6 are working as they should. I have VoxATC traffic at 0 and MT6 at 20% so MT6 is providing AI flight plans and traffic. I know that Vox is not talking to the AI, but what, if any, recognition is there between the programs? My guess is that VoxATC is completely unaware of any traffic, and MT6 aircraft may delay their movements based on what my aircraft is doing. I could of course allow Vox to control the traffic but I don't know how to set that up nor am I sure that I want to. I like the fact that MT6 has the right airlines at the right time, or close to it, present.

James McLees

Not sure about MT6 as I use UT2 with VoxATC.  Any 3rd-party traffic add-on would not be seen by VoxATC, however in the case of UT2 the bridge application that VOX offers allows UT2 liveries to be included in the VoxATC traffic setup.  I don't think the scheduling part works with Vox but I see lots of Alaskan Air liveries around Ketchikan when I fly out of there - so I'm pleased to see the various 'real-world' airlines represented.  With the bridge setup Vox does control these aircraft as well - having them hold while you land, etc.

i'm not sure about what you want from MT6 and VoxAtc... VoxAtc works fine with all AI traffic addons, you need to run VoxAtc utilities(indexer etc) for VoxAtc to detect installed sceneries and AI.

Then set VoxAtc traffic to 40-50%(or any desired positive value), and AI Traffic to 0. VoxAtc will then use / control AI Models. They will not folow AI flightplans, but you'll see enough traffic, and VoxAtc will comunicate with them.

UT2 bridge is needed for UT2 becouse this AI addon is different, it uses simconnect to inject AI Traffic to FSX / P3D. After running UT2 bridge, UT2 should be disabled in exe.xml for use with VoxAtc.

With your settings, VoxAtc is not aware of AI traffic.

I liked VoxAtc and used it for a while, the only thing i don't like about - with VoxAtc active, the scenery seems to load slower. I'm not sure why, but i suspect SAPI voices - they probably use a lot of CPU.

Didn't tried to find out what exactly happens, i prefer vatsim now  :smile:

Then set VoxAtc traffic to 40-50%(or any desired positive value), and AI Traffic to 0. VoxAtc will then use / control AI Models. They will not folow AI flightplans, but you'll see enough traffic, and VoxAtc will comunicate with them.

When I set up like this, I have no traffic at all. I saw the indexer recocognize the mytraffic entries so I don't understand what the problem is. The developer and forum posts say that I should have traffic with Vox at 50 or so and P3D sliders at 0. Otherwise, MT6 works and the ATC part of VoxATC works.

James McLees

When I set up like this, I have no traffic at all.

here is a solution for MT6, in other avsim thread: http://www.avsim.com/topic/466769-my-traffic-6-with-voxatc-major-problems/

You need to coppy MT6 Aicraft folder to SimObjects folder, and edit fsx.cfg to adjust new MT6 location. Then run indexer again.

I hope this helps

You need to coppy MT6 Aicraft folder to SimObjects folder, and edit fsx.cfg to adjust new MT6 location. Then run indexer again.

I hope this helps

Well I gave it a shot, moved the folder and edited the cfg to point to the new location...

[Entry.9]

Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Simobjects\Aircraft

Again, MT6 traffic works, in game sliders. Setting them to 0 and Vox to 50, no traffic. I think that I'm just going to have to be happy letting Mt6 do it's thing, and use Vox for ATC for my aircraft only. Not very satisfying but nothing has worked. Thanks for responding though..I do appreciate that!

James McLees

Not sure about MT6 as I use UT2 with VoxATC. Any 3rd-party traffic add-on would not be seen by VoxATC, however in the case of UT2 the bridge application that VOX offers allows UT2 liveries to be included in the VoxATC traffic setup. I don't think the scheduling part works with Vox but I see lots of Alaskan Air liveries around Ketchikan when I fly out of there - so I'm pleased to see the various 'real-world' airlines represented. With the bridge setup Vox does control these aircraft as well - having them hold while you land, etc.

That would be great. I bought the MT6 Vox combination because they were supposed to be able to work together. So far, no joy. On a positive note, Mytraffic 6 is working flawlessly. I do have some atc with Vox. VFR is spotty. When requesting taxi to do a pattern, reading what it says to read, I get ignored. I've yet to have a hassle free flight with VoxATC. I know that it may come and I'll keep working with it.

James McLees

Update, after loading Navdata into the VoxATC program, it is now working as it should. I have MT6 liveries and Vox is talking to traffic. My airport looks real, and sounds real. Now to get some updated voices.

James McLees

Final update on this topic: VoxATC has performed to expectations providing realistic traffic, clearance delivery, KATL-KLAX, taxi instructions across Hartsfield that would make VATSIM controllers envious, Line up, takeoff, SID instructions and flight level changes. I may never use VATSIM again, Pilot Edge, now that's a different story!

James McLees