Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

Last Flight Out Of Stapleton February 27, 1995

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Was there going to be a photo-spot similar to the one near Stapleton's runways 08/26?
It just can't compare to the view of Stapleton from the spot near the runways 08/26. At Stapleton, you had to be asleep to miss anything.

The spot he's talking about was the most awesome spot on the planet! :smile:

Ah! good ole Stapleton!  In 1973 I was hired by a Denver based medical company to start, develop and head their european operations.  I worked for them until my retirement in 1998.  I used to fly to Denver 5-6 times a year, mostly out of Brussels, sometimes out of London, A'dam or Barcelona.  Over the years Denver had become my second residence, so flying into Stapleton felt like flying back home.  In February 95 my wife and I flew into Stapleton and departed out of DIA one week later.  I am also the first european to have landed into DIA in autumn 94 (only a touch and go, to be honest though).  At that time I used to fly full 3 axes microlights.  One Saturday I did pay a visit to a little microlight field, off I-70 close to DIA.  I had a check ride with the owner and we made a quick touch and go on 35R!

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI