Sign in to follow this  
gc vcchm d

PMDG 737NGX Throttle/HOTAS Issue

Hi all,

So I have recently moved over from X-Plane10 to FSX and the first plane I obviously purchased was the PMDG 737NGX, which I find amazing BTW.

However, I have one issue which is annoying me, and I dont know if it is the 737 or FSX:SE.

Basically, I have the Saitek X 55 HOTAS throttle quadrant and flight stick, when I launch FSX:SE and PMDG 737 I have my HOTAS throttle set to 0 (all the way back).

However, if I move it to full and back again, the throttle lever in the 737 stays about a quarter engaged.

This means I cannot control the throttle properly during taxi and also causes issues with landing speeds.

The only add-on I have which may affect this is the FSUIPC (free) addon, but from what I can tell I dont have this controlling my controls (there is no tabs in it at all other than the default 2).

So, how can I fix this?

PS... the HOTAS is obviously calibrated in Windows etc.

Thanks,

Gavin Browett

JetVA

Did you rule out the Saitek drivers?  The only Saitek product I have is the rudder pedal controller, and I do not use the Saitek software or FSUIPC for axis calibration.

I do have the Thrustmaster HOTAS products and the throttle/stick axis work just fine without Thrustmaster software or FSUIPC.  I do use the Thrustmaster software to assign buttons to keycommands but not the axis calibrations.

Look deeper into your Saitek configuration... the PMDG actually could care less where or how the axis input get to it and leaves that to the simulation and your optional addon software.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan, however, I dont even have the Saitek software installed, potentially thats the issue then? lol

I only installed the drivers and let windows do the rest.

I will install the software and see how that goes