Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Beech Duke and Turbine Duke in progress

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

WOW!! Looks very Good,Thanks for the info.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Guest Mik75

Thanks a lot for the heads up!

Now...if they could get Orbx over there...

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Now...if they could get Orbx over there...

you do realise we have something similar and with W2XPL and UHD superiror alternatives ? And all that is donationware ;)

car_c337_v10_98.jpg

This is great news and it looks fantastic. Another of my favourite planes from FSX-land finally becoming available

you do realise we have something similar and with W2XPL and UHD superiror alternatives ? And all that is donationware ;)

car_c337_v10_98.jpg

I could usw ORBX regions with reasonable settings on my notebook. The ORBX style XP scenery is unusable for me. But I'm looking forward to it once I have new hardware.

Turbine panel update... looks decent.  

GBEKygs.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks Beautiful!!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Just a random bump here.  I think the Euro guys have it made.  But OSM sucks in the USA in most areas...  I've not been able to find setups like this in the USA.  Kinda odd since USA usually has good data.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Just a random bump here.  I think the Euro guys have it made.  But OSM sucks in the USA in most areas...  I've not been able to find setups like this in the USA.  Kinda odd since USA usually has good data.

Yesh urban rural areas are scattered in the US, however it is vastly improving. I think there was even some calls to get groups together of osm mapping sessions over at the .org to cultivate areas around airports. At the end of the day it is only as strong as the interest of people in supplying data for free. In recent years especially in Europe there was a movement that maps should be public domain and governments even cooperated with OSM, like the UK National Mapping Service.

So i think in the US it will get better and I think even some IT companies support them now, mainly those that dont have a big map databases themselve. Myself have found it quite fun to map my own city in OSM and add some things. Its something that i do on longer cruises, quite good timekiller, and helps the situation :D

Yeah I gave it a shot for my local area...  got a bit lost..  Then we had another child lol...  I don't have time to commit to that but I agree with the concept that if you put time into something you'll get time out.

@x-plane 1 2 3 - that's great news.  Argh my CC has been suffering lately... FSX and XP10 releases ouch!  It's getting tougher to support two (three including P3D) sims!

A question for the pros (sorry I'm OT here)... post #7 with that shot - is that purely OSM scenery or is that the W2XP stuff with some photoscenery?  I'm confused on how to achieve that fidelity.  It looks like custom autogen on top of photoscenery.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |