Sign in to follow this  
mohamed abdellatef

aivlasoft efb problem with windows 10 fix

thanks to some one on the aivlasoft forums he found the cause of the problem that makes the aivlasoft efb disblay unit unable to start the cause of the problem was the aerosoft airbus fonts

so I copied his solution as he posted it on the forum so the credit for solving this problem goes back to him not me

I copied the Airbus True Type fonts to another folder for safe keeping. Then, I deleted them in my fonts folder.

The fonts include:

AirbusDisp.ttf

AIrbusDisp2.ttf

AirbusFCU.ttf

AirbusISIS.ttf

AirbusMCDUa.ttf

AirbusMCDUb.ttf

AirbusPFD.ttf

AirbusPFD2.ttf

EDIT:

It's the AirbusPFD.ttf and AirbusPFD2.ttf fonts that cause the issue. Adding either (or both) of these fonts bring the problem back. Any of the other Airbus fonts are OK.

I can confirm that the DU now runs on the Windows 10 UPGRADE. It did not run before deleting the files.

THANK YOU FOR THE FIND!!

Yep...that was my post (flyblueskies).

You just beat me to adding it here.

Anyway, the find really goes to Gerardo, He's the one that got me to looking at it.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

thanks to some one on the aivlasoft forums he found the cause of the problem that makes the aivlasoft efb disblay unit unable to start the cause of the problem was the aerosoft airbus fonts..

Hi Mohamed,

thanks a lot for distributing this information. Could you let us know where these files are located? I did a system-wide search and couldn't find it.

Peter

Hi Mohamed,

thanks a lot for distributing this information. Could you let us know where these files are located? I did a system-wide search and couldn't find it.

Peter

the file is located in control panel > appearance and personalization>fonts

Thanks Mohamed,

found it and removed it, but alas, EFB still doesn't work. However, the font on the welcome screen (which I see for 2 seconds before the error message) looks normal without the Airbus fonts.

Best,

Peter

Yes, I do. However, I even tried to disable all fonts except for Arial, and EFB is still unwilling to cooperate. Is hiding a font enough, or do you have to delete it?

Peter

Yes, I do. However, I even tried to disable all fonts except for Arial, and EFB is still unwilling to cooperate. Is hiding a font enough, or do you have to delete it?

Peter

Sorry for late answer yes I deleted the fonts for airbus and I know other people had to delete captain sim fonts I don't know about hiding fonts but I don't think it will fix the problem.

You can copy the fonts to another fonts for keeping them untill this problem is fixed by windows update or a software patch.

Yep, I tried hiding (didn't help), but EFB works when these fonts are actually deleted, I've done some more digging and found two replacement fonts in the Aerosoft and Captainsim forums:

AirbusPFD2:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/97403-airbus-fonts-disrupt-windows-10-browser-font-display/#comment-694173

CDU:

http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1438520565/0#6

I've posted a corresponding message on the Aivlasoft forum. I meant to post it here, too, but Avsim was down and then I forgot. Thanks for reminding me, Mohamed :)

Best,

Peter

Beta Version 1.6 out now.

The version 1.6 DU works fine in Prepar3d with the Aerosoft fonts installed. Note that I did install the updated AirbusPFD2.ttf.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5