Sign in to follow this  
RockOla

Reshade Tempest

Hello all

Exploring the photographic potential of Reshade 1.0. Overdone DOF on purpose, but all other effects are subtle : slight vibrance for vivid colors, lift gamma gain to correct the vanilla brownlish colors, that's all folks.

I wanted to take screens of a Tempest vs FW190 chase but for some reason I could not get FS Recorder to work with DOF. Each time FSR is loaded, DOF would not work (took time for me to understand what was preventing DOF to work...)

I also have trouble getting DSR to work since  I switched to Windows 10 so there is a bit of aliasing.

You can click on the image for the full resolution

temp01m.jpg

temp02m.jpg

temp03m.jpg

temp04m.jpg

temp05m.jpg

Great shots of an outstanding performer 2200hp Tempest MK-V

HLJAMES

Great shots of an outstanding performer 2200hp Tempest MK-V

HLJAMES

Indeed, too bad there is no real soundpack that gives it justice. The included one (Hawker Heroes) sounds like an electric car when full throttle :mad: 

Nice. Can you post your settings for the dof

Here you go. This is my McFX.cfg (you might want to alter the red lines to increase / reduce bokeh effect)

////----------------//
///**DEPTHOFFIELD**///
//----------------////
#define USE_DEPTHOFFIELD 1 //[DOF] //-

//>Global Parameters<\\
#define DOF_METHOD 1 //[1:4] //-1: Ring DOF(Petka/martinsh) 2: Magic DOF 3: GP65CJ042 DOF 4: Matso DOF
#define DOF_FOCUSPOINT float2(0.5,0.5) //[0.0:1.0] //-Screen coordinates of focus point. First value is horizontal, second value is vertical position. 0 is left/upper, 1 is right/lower.
#define DOF_NEARBLURCURVE 0.6 //[0.4:10.0] //-Power of blur of closer-than-focus areas.
#define DOF_FARBLURCURVE 0.6 //[0.4:10.0] //-Elementary, my dear Watson: Blur power of areas behind focus plane.
#define DOF_BLURRADIUS 8.0 //[5.0:50.0] //-Blur radius approximately in pixels. Radius, not diameter.
#define DOF_MANUALFOCUS 0 //[0:1] //-Enables manual focus.
#define DOF_MANUALFOCUSDEPTH 0.4 //[0.000:1.000] //-Manual focus depth. 0.0 means camera is focus plane, 1.0 means sky is focus plane.
#define DOF_VIGNETTE 200 //[0:1000] //-Significance of near DoF at edges
#define DoF_ToggleKey RFX_ToggleKey //[undef] //-

and

//>Ring DOF Settings<\\
#define iRingDOFSamples 5 //[5:30] //-Samples on the first ring. The other rings around have more samples
#define iRingDOFRings 4 //[1:8] //-Ring count
#define fRingDOFThreshold 0.8 //[0.8:3.0] //-Threshold for bokeh brightening. Above this value, everything gets much much brighter. 1.0 is maximum value for LDR games like GTASA, higher values work only on HDR games like Skyrim etc.
#define fRingDOFGain 0.5 //[0.1:2.0] //-Amount of brightening for pixels brighter than threshold.
#define fRingDOFBias 0.1 //[0.0:2.0] //-bokeh bias.
#define fRingDOFFringe 0.5 //[0.0:1.0] //-Amount of chromatic abberation

Indeed, too bad there is no real soundpack that gives it justice. The included one (Hawker Heroes) sounds like an electric car when full throttle :mad: 

Here you go. This is my McFX.cfg (you might want to alter the red lines to increase / reduce bokeh effect)

and

Thanks, but unfortunately I'm getting an error when using the ring DOF. I'll keep trying though

Which error ? I often get warning yellow lines when the shader is compiling but it does not effect the output.

Which error ? I often get warning yellow lines when the shader is compiling but it does not effect the output.

I'm getting the yellow warning but the effect doesnt show

Do you have FS Recorder installed by any chance? Or any other 3rd party soft which is launched by dll.xml or exe.xml?

Do you have FS Recorder installed by any chance? Or any other 3rd party soft which is launched by dll.xml or exe.xml?

No. I'm using fsx se with the dx10 fixer. I got it to work a little but I had to turn on manual focus and it didnt look anything like yours

Maybe steam overlay interacting? Can you try launching FSX directly with fsx.exe? Maybe it will launch without the overlay and allow Reshade to fully work?

Maybe steam overlay interacting? Can you try launching FSX directly with fsx.exe? Maybe it will launch without the overlay and allow Reshade to fully work?

I use the offline mode, so there is no overlay. I was reading the reshade forums and someone mention that is you use msaa the dof wouldnt work, but I'm using sgaa with dx10 so I dont know if thats the problem

You should try disabling SGAA as it is an anti aliasing. I wouldn't be surprised it is what prevents DOF from working for you.

Please report if you test it.

You should try disabling SGAA as it is an anti aliasing. I wouldn't be surprised it is what prevents DOF from working for you.

Please report if you test it.

disabled all the AA and still nothing.

Odd. Do you have an AMD GPU by any chance ? I read somewhere that the dev of Reshade had an nvidia GPU and could not guarantee the operations on AMD GPU...

Odd. Do you have an AMD GPU by any chance ? I read somewhere that the dev of Reshade had an nvidia GPU and could not guarantee the operations on AMD GPU...

no gtx 970. I also see a few other people is different threads with the same prob