Sign in to follow this  
wulfbindewald

Twinkling lights since V2.9

Hi Steve,

this new option is working well  :smile:  and is a further step to realism.

Is the distance related % wise to a e.g. a given LOD distance? A further possibility would be nice to adjust in % or real distance value to start twinkling.

Wulf

As you have summarised there  maximum drop in light intensity (fluctuation %)

It uses the  distance from eyepoint to light.

There is a cutoff distance below which there is no fluctuation at all and a distance at which it reaches the maximum value

It uses the  distance from eyepoint to light.

There is a cutoff distance below which there is no fluctuation at all and a distance at which it reaches the maximum value

Is the distance where fluctuation starts adjustable e.g. to start twinkling earlier, or is this starting point a FSX-fixed distance and can´t be influenced?

It might be useful to let vary the "5000m" by the customer too in a corresponding checkbox  e.g.  4000, 5000, 6000m, although the default value is well chosen .

Just an idea for enhancement.....

I will add it to the todo list, do you think the effect should be stronger if it's raining?

Its nice someone likes it btw!

rain effect: IMHO yes, but I can´t quantify how much.

I guess the point of "begin twinkling" and intensity during rain should be possible during a flight w/o FSX and DX10fixer reload: When flying from A to B under different weather conditions, e.g. from A no-rain to B with rain. So the twinkling tool modifcation should autom. follow different weather conditions. But I think this is difficult to realize....

2 const. parameters will remain for the user if varying weather conditions during a flight are impossible:

- begin twinkling 4-5-6000m or so and

- intensity variation.