Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

FSX Steam update

It just wiped out some things such as my GTN 750

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

If you tested the latest beta, then yes the GTN 750 would CTD FSX SE. Now the beta has finished and everyone has been reverted back to the latest release then your GTN 750 should now work again.

Once the new 'release' is out (in about a week), then Flight1 will need to 'update the GTN 750, which they said they would do already.

My GTN 750 is now backup and working OK

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

This is the new release just updated via steam today and my GTN is not working. I did not have or use the beta. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Therefore it will be down to Flight1 to update the GTN.  I'll post on their forum also

What version are you running. I'm back onto 62613  from the beta (62615)

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

This is getting more interesting. Steam just downloaded another file and now everything works.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

This latest was a "rollback" to the previous version (and more to the point, version number).

Every time FSX:SE or Prepar3D get updated, and hence a new version number, everyone who requires specific memory offsets to make their product work will require an update as well. FSUIPC is no exception either. Pete has to scramble to keep it up to data!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill - is it just the changed version number that causes the problem or the actual changes? Just curious.... If it's just the numbering, then maybe if the Steam folks knew they could figure out a way to work around it. I am a complete ignoramus when it comes to programming etc. so please forgive if it's a stupid question... (Though I do tell my students there's no such thing as a "stupid question" - just stupid answers...)

Is the official FSX-SE update out or rolled back from beta?

I start FSX-SE in offline mode so I'm not sure I'll get it updated.

Thanks,

Dirk.

I don't think it is the update - http://steamcommunity.com/games/fsxsteamedition/announcements/detail/38632260315106774

The Beta Build had amazing VAS management way better than the current version.  I was really hoping for the update to be released by now

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I don't think it is the update - http://steamcommunity.com/games/fsxsteamedition/announcements/detail/38632260315106774

The Beta Build had amazing VAS management way better than the current version.  I was really hoping for the update to be released by now

Really? I didn't see it in the change log. I'm not doubting you, but you would mind sharing what led you to that conclusion? 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Really? I didn't see it in the change log. I'm not doubting you, but you would mind sharing what led you to that conclusion? 

This is what they wrote on their page

"Following the release of this update we received feedback from the FSX:SE community indicating a possible menu error whereby scenery content is listed twice due to formatting problems in the scenery.cfg file. Having investigated these reports, we believe that this error has no affect upon gameplay, however we have made the decision to rollback players to the previous build of FSX: Steam Edition, namely version 62613"

And my VAS management is as same as 62613, whereas in 62615 I was able to push my sim harder.  But they do say - rollback to previous build of FSX

And where is the Changelog, I can't find it

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

This is what they wrote on their page

"Following the release of this update we received feedback from the FSX:SE community indicating a possible menu error whereby scenery content is listed twice due to formatting problems in the scenery.cfg file. Having investigated these reports, we believe that this error has no affect upon gameplay, however we have made the decision to rollback players to the previous build of FSX: Steam Edition, namely version 62613"

And my VAS management is as same as 62613, whereas in 62615 I was able to push my sim harder.  But they do say - rollback to previous build of FSX

And where is the Changelog, I can't find it

Well 62613 is the previous full build. So no improvements on VAS between 62615 and 62613 correct? 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Well 62613 is the previous full build. So no improvements on VAS between 62615 and 62613 correct? 

Yeah, it is back to original 62613.  VAS improvements were in 62615.  This is what I hate, good version goes away. 

Yeah, it is back to original 62613.  VAS improvements were in 62615.  This is what I hate, good version goes away. 

Ok, thanks, I guess I misread your previous reply. Look forward to testing the VAS in 62615!

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Not me, new version ruined too many things so I have a whole complete save of FSX SE to go into effect the minute that new update takes effect.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png