Sign in to follow this  
twister1853

Lost registration Code for Sea Vixen

Hi

I've had to uininstall my aircraft in FSX, including the Skysim "Sea Vixen" .  I'm now trying to reinstall the "Sea Vixen" but I've forgotten the registration code.  Skysim are no longer in business but I do have the receipt for the boxed DVD from Skysim.  Any suggestions how to deal with this registration code requirement?

Ray

Does anyone have any ideas what Ray can do about this? He is desperate to be able to fly his SkySim Sea Vixen again, and I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to do this if he legally purchased the product.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On this occasion only, I'd recommend d/l a pirate copy. Contentious advice probably, but if a legitimate purchase is no longer supported, I see no reason why the customer should be inconvenienced. Others will be thinking it too, not sure whether they will admit it. Hardly a skew of the moral compass.

Of course that is presuming a copy is available as it may well be that the registration limited the activities of pirates (yeah, like THAT happens).

But seriously Ray, if you know the product needs a registration how do you possibly `forget` it ?

I back up ALL my serials, registrations and product codes into a text file that I save: On my computer; off my computer; on a CD backup; on a flash drive kept in the safe and in the Cloud. I also email it to myself (and for work products, to others authorised to receive it in case I get run over by a bus).

Frankly it's very sloppy to `lose` a registration. If you have a boxed product its' seconds to hand write the code on a piece of paper and sellotape it to the inside of the box. I do that, too. 

A lesson we can all learn from. Hope you get it sorted, but c'mon Ray, lets get organised !

:blush: Indeed; I should have known better.  Thanks for the interest.  Ray

Further to this post, I did email SkySIM and got an immediate standard electronic reply which had an important PS added:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

Product activation codes are sent during office hours only.

SkySIM Office Hours are Monday – Friday 09:00-16:30.

It can take up to one hour to activate a product. If you send in your request after 16:00, it might not be activated until the next working day.

Please Note: SkySIM products are not licensed on a perpetual software license basis, only a maximum of 5 activations are permitted. Once exhausted a new License must be purchased. Your initial activation of the product constitutes your acceptance of these terms.

Regards

SkySIM Support

It is with regret that SkySIM will cease trading on the 30th June 2015.  We will continue to activate products for a further 12 months until the 30th June 2016."

I asssumed from the second line and PS that I would be sent the activation code but repeated requests produced no reply.  I can only assume they no longer look at emails.

Ray

Could be that they only look at them once a month or every other month. Doesn't necessarily mean they won't look at it. All may not be lost.

It would be nice to see the former SkySim developer respond to a post like this, considering that acvtivation of products is scheduled to continue until 30th June 2016...

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Don't know why you would expect them to be here, or anywhere in the sim marketplace, if they've left it. Do you seriously think you can command attendance to deal with a self-imposed customer issue ? Given the gentle and gentlemanly way SkySIM left the market, Ray has no-one but himself to blame. 

Either Ray waits and gets a reply from the emails, or he doesn't.

Either he goes down that route, or he doesn't.  

I said it would be nice if the SkySim developer could see this thread. I don't expect them to be here, so please don't imply that I am "commanding" anyone to do anything. I am just trying to help Ray. I do not have any SkySim products, so whether they respond or not does not affect me in the slightest.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png