Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Anyone playing around with World Traffic?

I bought this over a year ago, but stopped using it when I couldn't figure out how to use it. Now that V2 came out, I went back to it. This time , I was able to get random Traffic to land and takeoff at a few of my favorite airports, which is nice. No ground traffic yet, I'm waiting for a program that will auto generate them and I here that will be soon.

However, I'm not getting a whole lot of traffic at these airports, At least not, what id like to see. Maybe one or 2 planes an hour taking off or landing. Id like to get a lot more than that.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone here has been having any luck with this addon.

Rob

I've been watching curiously in regards to AI addons.

However, I will say that since there's not a lot of focus on actual AI traffic, everyone builds their airports with lots of static gate aircraft.  Which I rather enjoy.  I didn't often run AI in FSX, and would be annoyed at the occasion that I landed at a bigger airport to see all the empty gates.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I downloaded and found it rather confusing - one of them that needs the "dummie" book on this or a video.

Had a lot of 747 at KSEA and don't know how I did it.

All the best

Denis B   :wub:   :fool:

The Program can be a bit confusing at first.But like everything else in XPlane it's worth going through the growing pains.My Advice would be to start from a large international airport like LAX or PHNL where a lot of Air Carriers Go in and out.And just Experiment by trail and error.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I bought it about a month ago. I haven't tried creating any ground routes or flight plans but I did download some for Heathrow and Frankfurt. It actually works pretty well.

NAX669.png

It works okay once you get everything set up. 

If you like me fly to many different airports, you will have to create ground routes and traffic files for all of them. It is A LOT of work.

For now I have given up on it. If I wan't to fly with AI traffic, I fire up the good old FSX. 

Well, I played around with it for a few days, I did get a few flights between airports, but I don't have the time to create Ground files. I think he is on to the right track with this and it may someday be a great addon, but it far from something like MyTraffic or similar for FSX. The one thing I really like about it, is it hardly effected my FPS, which was not the case in FSX.

For now, Ive stopped using it, since ai traffic is not all that important to me, But I will go back to it when there is a version that makes it a lot easier to create stuff with.

Rob

I have a feeling it sounds a bit demanding or selfish in the XP world but I really don't have time to create routes for all the airports are fly between so for me too, until a solution is found like WOAI where we can download an airlines whole route package I can't see myself investing in this one.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I spent a good few hours but I now have 61 airports covered that I use most. Created random flights some up to 900 flights a day at the big hubs like LAX and DFW and I am pleased with it. The ground routes will have to wait until an easier way of creating them comes along and I'm not too bothered about that at the moment. I am pleased with it so far and adds a bit more immersion to the sim.