Sign in to follow this  
dasflies

FSX Fullscreen in Windows 10?

Does anyone know how I can get FSX to run fullscreen in Windows 10?  Have tried everything I can think of.

Dave

I too have problems with menus in fsx since I switched. I can go to full screen with alt/enter but can't use any menus unless I go back to windowed mode. I also find when I start fsx it is minimized on the task bar and I need to hit alt/enter and tab through to get it on my screen.

There's another thread about this here on AVSim. It's a bug in the nVidia video driver and supposedly will be corrected with a future driver update.

I can use Full, Windowed and FSX starts fine and all menus show up. Using the 353.62 Win 10 drivers.

Using a Radeon HD6700 card full screen mode gives me problems with a black screen appearing whenever the menus are used.

I had hoped that this morning's updated video driver from the Windows update page would have helped -  but it hasn't.

From what I can read DX9 and it's lack of /poor implementation may be to blame.

The issue has been raised on Steam and Flightsim.com and I'd hoped for a fix by now.

I'd planned to buy an Nvidia card get to get me out of this problem but it's clearly not that simple.

Thanks, sounds like it's hopefully 'just' a video driver issue. 

Now on to diagnose the random crash to desktops... I should have just left well enough alone and stuck with Windows 7 but I digress...

I believe that I have the problem solved.

Yesterday's driver upgrade for my Radeon HD6700 looks like it works but you must have DX10 preview box ticked.

I also reinstalled a couple of add ons for other reasons so I'm assuming they aren't part of my solution.