Sign in to follow this  
JasonW

Someone please point me in a direction...

So I loaded all of the defaults on my motherboard today and its still doing the same thing over and over.

I dont understand what has happened, this machine used to run 2.3 without a hiccup. I moved and the computer sat in the closet for a few months until I could get around to hooking everything back up. The only thing I have changed is im using 2.5 and Im running DSR instead of Nvidia inspector.

Alos passed an hour stress test.

heres a new one

Version=1
EventType=BEX
EventTime=130846693025440524
ReportType=2
Consent=1
UploadTime=130846693025910972
ReportIdentifier=ff7825a9-4852-11e5-80a4-bc5ff4ad5b8c
IntegratorReportIdentifier=be4f68cd-0150-4052-8077-80a1b972420a
WOW64=1
NsAppName=Prepar3D.exe
Response.BucketId=fc5af97c479fa2ebfd754aa951543e0d
Response.BucketTable=5
Response.LegacyBucketId

UI[2]=C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe
UI[3]=Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working

Gregg is on the right track and, since you enabled DSR, this may be the problem.  If you check your system configuration - http://www.tenuser.com/spec/msc.htm you can disable all of the items under the Startup tab safely.  One or two of them should be from Nvidia/rundll32.  Try disabling them and see if this fixes the problem.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Gregg is on the right track and, since you enabled DSR, this may be the problem.  If you check your system configuration - http://www.tenuser.com/spec/msc.htm you can disable all of the items under the Startup tab safely.  One or two of them should be from Nvidia/rundll32.  Try disabling them and see if this fixes the problem.

Best regards,

Thanks for the suggestion but it didnt help.

this is from event viewer of the latest crash

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          8/21/2015 10:24:12 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-AVL1BCS
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 2.5.12946.0, time stamp: 0x555f2e54
Faulting module name: MSVCP100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2be41
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00033744
Faulting process id: 0x1074
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0dc80abc76984
Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP100.dll
Report Id: f89dad94-d4ef-4554-b1ab-2ea321c5dbf4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-08-22T02:24:12.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1898</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-AVL1BCS</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>2.5.12946.0</Data>
    <Data>555f2e54</Data>
    <Data>MSVCP100.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.40219.325</Data>
    <Data>4df2be41</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00033744</Data>
    <Data>1074</Data>
    <Data>01d0dc80abc76984</Data>
    <Data>C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP100.dll</Data>
    <Data>f89dad94-d4ef-4554-b1ab-2ea321c5dbf4</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Now the faulting module is part of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010.  Microsoft Visual programs are used by developers to make sure their product is installed properly.  Other than that, there's nothing in the codes that anyone can use to find the reason for your crashes.  Best solution is to completely uninstall P3D and reinstall.  When you reinstall, make sure you reinstall with Administrative rights.  Make sure User Access Controls (UAC) is disabled, make sure any anti-virus program is not running in the background.  It should not be running while you are using P3D.  Once reinstalled, go to the P3D.exe in the main P3D folder and right click it.  Select Properties.  Look at the Compatibility tab.  Make sure there are no tick marks under the compatibility tab except at the bottom where it states, Run this application as an Administrator.  Go Fly!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Finally figured out what was going on. Turns out something in the bios settings had gotten out of whack. When I loaded the defaults on the motherboard it was telling me that I was back to stock 3.whatever ghz but when I loaded the stress test in the intel test tool, it was still going well over 4 ghz. I ended up doing a hard reset on the motherboard and have successfully made two flights from KRDD to KMRY without and crashes. Im a happy flyer again!!!! Thanks so much to those of you who posted here you all got me to looking in the right places. I guess now ill have to take another crash course in overclocking to get back over 4ghz. 

Thanks again!!!!

This is why is is very difficult to find a solution for most crashes as everyone has a different configuration, within FSX, P3D, FSX-SE, with Windows, and with the Motherboard configuration.  Hence the reason for the AVSIM CTD Guide suggesting that everyone must investigate their own situation.  The guide provides some guidance and probable solutions to many repeated crashes but there's a lot of things that happen in "The Naked City" and it is very difficult to pinpoint the cause for everyone (we do suggest returning the BIOS settings to the optimal default settings though). 

Glad you were able to find your problem and fix it and appreciate your response telling us how you got it fixed.  It could help many other members in the future.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I have been a flight simmer for about 30 years and have been using the AVSIM forums, longer than I can remember, for advice and solutions. It truly amazes me the time members take to try and solve the problems other members are having with their flight sim setups. I read though this thread and I'm humbled by the patience exhibited in trying to find "the fix" for Jason. I do not post that often but in this case its extremely warranted. Greg, Gregg, Rob and Jim you did something good here ... THANKS!

Sheldon

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

I loaded the defaults on the motherboard it was telling me that I was back to stock 3.whatever ghz but when I loaded the stress test in the intel test tool, it was still going well over 4 ghz. I ended up doing a hard reset on the motherboard and have successfully made two flights from KRDD to KMRY without and crashes. Im a happy flyer again!!!!

Glad you got it sorted, BEX errors are usually related to OC issues (be it CPU or RAM).  Your event log message was a very good clue and the fact you got the same error in Win7 and in Win10 was another important clue to check hardware.

Cheers, Rob.