Sign in to follow this  
rfresh737

Releasing a free 3D camera view app for FSX

Today I am releasing my FREE FSX cockpit camera application.

Now you can easily create 3D camera views.

You can check it out at www.EZCamViews.net

I made some video tutorials on my 737NGX YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/rfresh1011

Look on the left side for the playlist 'EZCamViews'.

Thanks and enjoy everyone!

• Upvote 1

Ralph This is incredible, have watched your tutorials, very smart software, now is this or will this be also P3d compatible in the future??

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

Hi Rick,

I don't have P3D so I could not test it out on that platform. In one of my EZCamViews tutorial videos I talk a bit about this. I don't think it will run under P3D because I am using a different SDK .DLL file. I don't know (yet) if P3D can load in another SDK .DLL file. So to answer your question Rick I don't know for sure if my app will run as it is now, under P3D, but I suspect it won't.

It's my hopes that in the future I will be able to release EZCamViews for the P3D platform. I can tell you for sure they have added to the camera SDK a lot more than MS ever did when they had the source code. Developing a camera app for P3D is a lot easier than it is for FSX.

Hello Again Ralph, yes i was watching tutorial 5 as i wrote my original post and eventually got the details, i will try it in P3d using the Estonia Migration tool, i will keep you posted.

Thanks Rick

tpewpb-6.png

You'll probably just need the P3D DLL.  This is a really nice tool and has some real potential.  I didn't see that you had a mouse look...probably want that.  It'd also be nice to be able to use a shift key with a button and/or a 'shift button' and another button.  That's something that's lacking from EZDoc. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

@Gregg -- I'm just finishing up some testing that provides you with the ability to move the mouse around and change the camera view. One of my technical consultants, Paul, did the design work on this as it was a complete custom coding task. While FSX can also do it, they didn't make it part of their SDK for us camera developers to use. So, we had to code in that functionality from the ground up ourselves. But its done and it works great! I will be releasing it in a couple of days as ver 0.9.5 (0.94 is the current ver and everyone needs to be on that one for the time being).

Update: @Gregg -- I have decided to further enhance the capability of being able to move the mouse around to change the cockpit camera position. The design and coding to replicate how FSX works is complete...but I now want to take it even further and actually provide all 6 axis of movement with the mouse. So this will take a little more time but I think it will be worth it in the end. So the 0.9.5 release will not come out as soon as I thought it would. Stay tuned.

Just an amazing job is all I have to say. This is remarkable and i for one appreciate your contribution to the FlightSim community.

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Hi Ralph, guys, has anyone had any issues with the cams?   Maybe slowing down, crashing to desktop and the like?

Cheers.johngoncalves

Hey Ralph.

Just watched your tutorial videos and it looks like a serious competitor to EzDoc which I never have gotten to work, so looking forward to try out your programme.

A couple of questions:

1 Will you be doing the outside cameras as well?

2. Is it configured so that if I set up views in 737NGX, Cessna 172, AIrbus etc.ect. it will automatically detect the aircraft/settings  when I choose it in FSX, or do I have to choose it my self in EZcam first?

3. I only have one monitor, bu do have a Laptop also. Will it be possible to connect via WIFI so I can use it on the laptop as no.2 monitor, or does FSX have to be installed on the laptop for it to work?

Looks great so far, so exciting to see how it develops in the future.

Greetings. 

Joern L.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Update:

I have now tried it in FSX SE and it totally messses up my FSX. When I try to make a new view , ie. Captain in the C172, it goes outside the plane in a zoom that I can hardly get it back to normal. After trying all keys, zooms etc, I finally managed to get it set up with captains view. I then saved the view and made a new camera (FO) and again it just goes bananas like before, and even when I push the captains view, It's totally messed up again. I can't even get back to my normal views set up by FSX ie spot, tower, virtual cockpit etc. and the only way to restore them is to restart FSX. 

I don't know if it doesn't work with FSX SE, or what the problem are, but for now it's a no go for me :-( 

Regards Joern

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Nice addon! I was thinking to buy Ezdok, but I will wait and test this addon with P3D.

Thanks Ralph, nice work.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Ralph, thank you so much for your help last night to get my download.

I cannot think why my browsers will not let me download from the site.

I'll try again when the update is released, & will drop you a line if I have problems.

Cheers & thanks again,

Robin

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Wobbie right click to accept the download and it will download.