Sign in to follow this  
rfresh737

Releasing a free 3D camera view app for FSX

Been there, done that yesterday, on 2 different laptops, using Chrome, Firefox as well as Edge with no luck what-so-ever.

& I tried today, with a right click & it worked!

Sigh! (thank you Microsoft!)

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Great software. I use it when checking out my cockpit painting.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Are any of you guys using FSX Steam, and do you have any problems with it?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Using it with FSX SE but have not figured out how to save a camera yet. I hit save but when I try the plane again with the software closed the camera is not there. Does the software have to be active every time you use FSX?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi Ralph, guys, has anyone had any issues with the cams?   Maybe slowing down, crashing to desktop and the like?

Cheers.johngoncalves

Are you having those kinds of problems with EZCamViews?

Using it with FSX SE but have not figured out how to save a camera yet. I hit save but when I try the plane again with the software closed the camera is not there. Does the software have to be active every time you use FSX?

Yes, you have to start up EZCamViews every time you fly. Start up FSX first, then start up EZCam, minimize all of its windows and go fly!!

When you say save a camera do you mean save a .cam file (from tab 1) or do mean you saving a camera view (from tab 2)?

Just an amazing job is all I have to say. This is remarkable and i for one appreciate your contribution to the FlightSim community.

Thank you very much...!!!

Hey Ralph.

Just watched your tutorial videos and it looks like a serious competitor to EzDoc which I never have gotten to work, so looking forward to try out your programme.

A couple of questions:

1 Will you be doing the outside cameras as well?

2. Is it configured so that if I set up views in 737NGX, Cessna 172, AIrbus etc.ect. it will automatically detect the aircraft/settings  when I choose it in FSX, or do I have to choose it my self in EZcam first?

3. I only have one monitor, bu do have a Laptop also. Will it be possible to connect via WIFI so I can use it on the laptop as no.2 monitor, or does FSX have to be installed on the laptop for it to work?

Looks great so far, so exciting to see how it develops in the future.

Greetings. 

Joern L.

1. Yes, I plan to do outside cameras!!

2. You do have to manually select your aircraft...however, the last aircraft file (tab 1) you selected will select automatically upon the next start up of EZCam. So, if you choose to fly with a different aircraft from the last time, then you will have to change your EZCam selection in tab 1. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it automatic but have not hit upon a solution yet.

3. EZCam has to be installed on the same machine you have FSX installed on. Sorry. The better solution would be for you to plug a monitor cable into your laptop and use it as a second monitor (vs using it as a second, separate PC on your network). That way, you can drag your EZCam windows to the monitor not showing your cockpit and operate EZCam from there.

Been there, done that yesterday, on 2 different laptops, using Chrome, Firefox as well as Edge with no luck what-so-ever.

& I tried today, with a right click & it worked!

Sigh! (thank you Microsoft!)

Yes, Robin and I had a lot of emails going back and forth yesterday on this. Glad he was finally able to install EZCamViews.

I have 4 additional enhancements that I am going to be adding as soon as possible:

1. Make the mini cam positioner window resizable so that when you're using this window on a second monitor, you can resize it (drag it) vertically to show all of your camera views (so the automatic vertical scroll bars don't have to appear).
  2. Add drag and drop capability to the Cockpit Camera Matrix (CCM) window. This will allow you to re-arrange the square button camera views in real time as you use this window.
  3. Cockpit Camera Matrix (CCM) window: I'm going to add code that will look for a space between two words and then display these two words on the square buttons in two rows vs just 'word wrapping' the text breaking in the middle of a word. This will improve the appearance of two worded text labels.
  4. I'm still not happy with the 3 Cockpit Camera Matrix (CCM) sizes that are available. In using EZCamViews with my new Phenom 100 VLJ, even the 3x3 size takes up too much real estate. So, I'm going to add the option (for each of the three sizes) to display all the square buttons in one row horizontally.

So, for the 3x3 for example, if you enabled the 'one row' option, you'll have 9 square buttons side by side, horizontally. You will be able to move this window anywhere on the screen, but most likely you will want it at the top, out of the way.

The 4x4 option would give you 16 buttons across.

I'll have to play around with the 5x5 and see if 25 buttons will fit across the screen horizontally. I'm not sure about that one yet. I'll have to see if it fits.

So, a lot of enhancements coming to EZCamViews!

A couple of questions :

1. I saw the videos and noticed kind of a weird movement during transition.  When transiting from the Capt's veiw to the FO view, the camera first moves right, then up a bit and then to the right again to its final position.  Doesn't it move from the start point to the end point in a straight line?  (like in Ezdok)

2. I am a user of Ezdok for several years but am always looking for a better solution especially because of the shifting camera problem.  The camera changing its position during flight.  Though you have mentioned about the FSX problems in your first video, do you think you have been able to eliminate this shifting camera problem with Ezcamviews?  

3. Do you plan to add the DHM and other dynamics that Ezdok has within their software or do you recommend any software for it?

Sorry for the many questions, but as a flight simmer since many years, I see the potential in your software as a payware and would love to pay for it, if it addresses the concerns that are bugging me and my fellow flight simmers for a long time.

Regards

Teddy

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own1_378x68.jpg ftx_supporter_avsim.gif

A couple of questions :

1. I saw the videos and noticed kind of a weird movement during transition.  When transiting from the Capt's veiw to the FO view, the camera first moves right, then up a bit and then to the right again to its final position.  Doesn't it move from the start point to the end point in a straight line?  (like in Ezdok)

2. I am a user of Ezdok for several years but am always looking for a better solution especially because of the shifting camera problem.  The camera changing its position during flight.  Though you have mentioned about the FSX problems in your first video, do you think you have been able to eliminate this shifting camera problem with Ezcamviews?  

3. Do you plan to add the DHM and other dynamics that Ezdok has within their software or do you recommend any software for it?

Sorry for the many questions, but as a flight simmer since many years, I see the potential in your software as a payware and would love to pay for it, if it addresses the concerns that are bugging me and my fellow flight simmers for a long time.

Regards

Teddy

1. The transition logic is implemented entirely by EZCamViews itself because FSX doesn't open up that capability with their SDK. So the coding logic is different but gives a similar result. All camera apps have to implement this their own way so they will not all be 100% the same. There is a lot of code to make that happen but it happens quickly. I chose to 'back up' or reverse the axis movement until reaching either 0 or bumping into the new view axis at which point I stop further movement along that axis. Then start moving towards the new view along each axis. It only moves in a straight line if both axis are the same but there are 5 other axis that have to be handled. Its complex code but works in a logical manner as far as moving around all six axis.

If you can give a very detailed example of how you think it should work, I can take a look at the code and see if I can tweak it any.

2. I have not seen the shifting problem per se but I know if I manually change my zoom that may cause problems with the camera views you have created and set. This will happen to any and all camera apps because we can't fetch zoom information from the SDK (FSX). If there is something FSX is doing to the camera view, when it should not, then some camera apps would most likely see the result and that may be what you are talking about. EZCamViews uses its own camera file and does not touch or other wise bother the FSX camera file, so if FSX were to do something to the camera definitions EZCam wouldn't be bothered by it.

3. I wouldn't mind at all adding DHM but I have not looked into it yet. My suspicion is that there is no SDK to support it, so I would have to design it myself. So, its on my radar to answer your question.

Hello,

Where to download your camera ?

Thanks alot

Serge

www.EZCamViews.net and on the left side you'll see the down load menu link to take you to that page for the actual down load.

I really think EZcam has a lot of potential and a great alternative to EZdok, but I have tried uinstalling and installing it again and it just doesn't work on my system. It really messes up the view and when I finally get a view I like ie. Capain and save it it looks fine. But as soon as I tried to make a second view ie. FO it gets crazy again and clicking back on Cap, it's just messed up again. Even after closing the programme down, I can't get back to my virtual cockpits in FSX, I have to close and restart FSX for it to work.

My system FSX SE, Windows 7, and all the usual hardware.

Any suggestions?

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Sorry for the trouble you're having but EZCamViews, at this time, only works on FSX...not FSX SE and not on P3D...at this time...I plan to support those platforms in the future but I don't have a time frame yet...I'm still working on the FSX version and it is not finished yet...flight simmers are asking for enhancements and I'm adding a bunch as I continue to use the product myself. It all takes time.

There are 50+ flight simmers using EZCamViews now and more down loading everyday. Only one person has donated so far, and he gave me $1.80.

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know it's not my fault that I can' get it to work :-) I really hope you'll get around to make it work in FSX SE (and P3D).

Regards to donations, I'm sure a lot of people will do it as soon as they're over a "trial" periode. I know I will when it's working in FSX SE.

Jorn Lundtoft

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know it's not my fault that I can' get it to work :-) I really hope you'll get around to make it work in FSX SE (and P3D).

Regards to donations, I'm sure a lot of people will do it as soon as they're over a "trial" periode. I know I will when it's working in FSX SE.

There isn't a trial period...it's completely free to use...and it's fully functional as a free app...donations just help me to continue to work on it...honestly, it's a lot of work to do this and deploy it into the flight sim community and support it...thank you...keep an eye on my website because that's where I will post any updates re SE and P3D support.

I think jlund talk about an time of using and testing it, if it works the people will come back and donate more... I think so too, and your work deserves it. It is awesome!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020