Sign in to follow this  
C525B

Post-SP1 Bug List

SP2...hmm...

I wouldn't say anything is "fixed" in the complete sense...they did make some improvements to the AP/FD.  All the vertical modes now work in FD-only, with the exception that ALTS is not displayed until you engage the AP (altitude capture guidance does appear to work in FD-only, though).  We gave them a lot of small things that could have been implemented easily and quickly (missing CAS messages, etc), but they picked a small handful and it appears they bungled those nonetheless.  Time to whip out the XML editor...

While having the XML editor out let's edit their name as well, it should be Care-no-do.

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Hi!

I hoped sp 1.2 fixed the fuel stat issues, because they can`t be right in my head. I tried to upload a picture to illustrate it for you, but was not allowed, so I`ll try to explain. On the Trip planning page the fuel stat says I have a current expected endurance on 5 hours and 31 minutes. But if I look at the fuel consumption to the left in the picture, under the engine instruments, the FF PPH is totally 1712 lbs. The total quantity left in the tanks reads 4740 lbs, and that should hold for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Also the remaining fuel number on fuel stats does not match numbers to the left in the screen. In addition the expected range is 2109 nm. With current speed and fuel flow/fuel quantity to the left I should reach about 1000 nm.

Lastly, when checking the system - fuel page, the number on used fuel is way to low.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Regards,

J1

To my layman's eyes, it looks that the FLC in 1.2 basically 'works', meaning that it more or less does what it is expected to do, which is basically maintaining the target speed while climbing or descending to the selected altitude. One thing that should be already known to all us is that FLC is not a real autothrottle, therefore it always requires that the engine power is manually adjusted in order to maintain a pitch attitude and the selected speed. Taking this into account, I had no big problems using the FLC so far.

That said, I noticed two behaviours that appear to me as either inaccurate or otherwise abnormal. I hope that David will chime in soon to clarify this:

1. As per manual, when I press the FLC button on the AFCS, the current speed should be immediately captured and shown on the Airspeed Reference on the top left of the PFD (just above the airspeed indicator scale). This is not happening here. While I can set the Airspeed Reference bug manually by selecting the target speed with the SPD SEL knob, I can't have the current speed instantly shown in the Airspeed Reference when I press FLC. Unless I am grossly misunderstanding the Garmin Prodigy manual or am doing something wrong (which is absolutely possible), when I press the FLC button, the aircraft should instantly acquire the current airspeed and show it in the Aircraft Reference. However, the Airspeed Reference only changes here when I manually change it with the SPD SEL knob.

2. Another thing I noticed is that, when I press FLC with a target speed already manually selected, the aircraft actually responds, however it tends to nose down to reach the required power (I say only down and not up, since I only use FLC during climb and never use it for descent, where I always prefer using V/S as long as VNAV will be unavailable). Now, I wonder how normal and expected this behaviour is compared to the real world thing. As said, I always try to adjust the power to support the level change, therefore I never noticed abrupt pitch changes, however I am not sure that the nose down attitude is something that actually happens in real life after pressing FLC. Based on the manual:

The flight director maintains the current altitude until either engine power or the Airspeed Reference are adjusted and does not allow the aircraft to climb or descend away from the Selected Altitude.

What I understand from this is that the A/P should 'wait for a pilot's input' before changing level at the selected speed and should not pitch down automatically to reach the required power. Again, I hope that David will explain exactly what is supposed to happen in such scenario.

Except this, I haven't found any other serious problems in the A/P or in the Garmin features in my 5 complete flights so far.

I agree, and that is why I fixed this in my mods.

When pushing FLC, the target speed gets set to the current airspeed.

That avoids this behavior.

Contact me if you would like the fix.

Bert

I'll do Bert, of course. You know I can't live without you. :-)

However, my suggestion, for the moment, is to collect a list of all confirmed bugs and abnormal behaviors and report them all to Carenado. Maybe they will fix them in their next release, maybe in their final release. If they don't, then we'll have to make our changes manually.

May I ask you about issue #2? Can you confirm this on your side? Does the aircraft tend to nose down after you press FLC?

Issue 2 is linked to issue 1, I believe.

If the the target speed is set to the current speed,

the aircraft just continues at current pitch, until you

move the throttle or adjust the target speed.

Bert

Bert

is there any way to plant the FLC Fix in to a no GTN Mode? Also in to the standart G1000 panel.

Many thanks for your great work

Bruno

Bruno 

Hi.

You added this fix to the of mod?

Bert

is there any way to plant the FLC Fix in to a no GTN Mode? Also in to the standart G1000 panel.

Many thanks for your great work

Bruno

I actually made two versions of the autopilot mod, one for the G1000 MFD, and one for the GTN750.

You can edit the autopilot if this all you want to change..

Add this to the section that gets executed when engaging FLC mode:

(A:AIRSPEED SELECT INDICATED OR TRUE, knots)  (>K:AP_SPD_VAR_SET)

(A:AIRSPEED SELECT INDICATED OR TRUE, knots)  (>L:CUSTOM_AIRSPEED_INDICATED,knots)

Bert

May I ask you about issue #2? Can you confirm this on your side? Does the aircraft tend to nose down after you press FLC?

FLC will nose down to capture a higher speed when you select it, but it would not be as aggressive as with Carenado's A/P.  In real life, it should not completely reverse a climb or descent in order to capture the new speed...it's a bit more "patient."  The change Bert made (pressing the FLC button matches the speed bug to current speed) is realistic and also slightly improves the performance of this mode in the sim.

FLC will nose down to capture a higher speed when you select it, but it would not be as aggressive as with Carenado's A/P.  In real life, it should not completely reverse a climb or descent in order to capture the new speed...it's a bit more "patient."  The change Bert made (pressing the FLC button matches the speed bug to current speed) is realistic and also slightly improves the performance of this mode in the sim.

Thanks!

Your description appears to confirm the manual.

Can someone of you guys say something about the 300 compared to the 100? I use the 100 sometimes and I am happy with it. Does the 300 provide the same experience or is there something really different?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

@anKH,

I just launched the 100 the other night, and with regard to the FLC function, it will level off at the selected altitude and maintain the selected airspeed, but it does so by cheating. Carenado decided to use FSX's auto throttle function to achieve this. While in FLC mode you will find the power levers locked. You can only change airspeed by adjusting the speed knob.

The 300 does not use this cheat, but acts more realistically, especially after Bert's mod. Thanks, Bert : )

I did not test other systems that time, but I seem to recall that they work pretty much the same as the 300.

One thing the 100 is superior at, and which Bert asked about (Bert, I hope you're reading this), is that the landing and taxi light beams show up much more brightly on the pavement. In fact they are more than adequate, whereas with the 300 you can barely tell the lights are on. Why Carenado would make this change is puzzling.

Regards,

Tom

Version 1.3 released, but still no AIRAC support:

NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.3)
CARENADO EMB505 PHENOM 300 FSX/P3D VERSION 1.3

Fixes:
- Autopilot ALTS function...
- FD mode
- Minor bugs fixed.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.

You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.