Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

2nd computer for my 737NG build

I'm finally going ahead with my full 737 cockpit build and wondering for those who have a 2nd computer for the avionics could let me know what kind of build i require? Surely i wouldn't need a GTX 780? i4770k overclocked to 4.2 Ghz ? I don't know thats why i'm asking and someone could kindly help me.

Cheers

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

I am only using 1 PC for everything. Works fine ( if you do not plan to have a 180 degree ++ view). More easy to handle. Less expensive. Can be used from day one and grow over time.

Just an idea. There are a lot of possibilities.

What is your setup? I have a very powerfull PC at the moment. But will i not need another GTX 780 GPU for the visual screens on my MIP?

I'm wanting to add another LCD samsung curved monitor to my setup

The performance is more than good enough for me. Mainly because the front view is the B737 2D cockpit without cockpit panel visible ( SHIFT 2 to disable panels).

Try that with your setup now and see the HUGE FPS increase you get compared to looking out the 3D window.

Also when flying from within a cockpit environment, you will not require that much of FPS.

In FPS I have everything from 15 to 60 depending of scenery. Even with the lowest FPS it is fluid (imo)

I use P3Dv2, ORBX, ASN ++++ 

I'm using the PMDG so once that goes and i use Prosim 737 (maybe its on the cards though) and get the full DST from Sismo or simworld. Its already costing a bomb lol so i would rather avoid buying a 2nd PC.

Correction to my last email:

The performance is more than good enough for me. Mainly because the front view is the B737 2D cockpit without cockpit panel visible ( SHIFT 2 to disable panels).​

Should read:

The performance is more than good enough for me. Mainly because the front view is the B737 2D cockpit without cockpit panel visible ( SHIFT 1 to disable panels).​

Hi,

I'm running Sim-Avionics on an I7 4790K with three Asus GTX610 video boards. Newegg has the video boards for $57.27 each. You may also need three VGA converters depending on the monitor/cdu connectors.