Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Decided to try Taburet Night Environment - was not disappointed

Color me impressed.  Can this be used in lieu of FTX Global night lighting or will it conflict?

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I run it above all ORBX scenery. Also. Since my autogen and scenery complexity is set to normal and dense, I don't see any FTX lights anyway since these are depended on high settings.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Looks pretty good, nice screens. Although I wouldn't make a difference with Aerosoft's product. Any FPS or VAS impact?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Well, the reason I decided to try it out was because Aerosofts NE looks terrible in my P3D with HDR enabled, i.e every light bulb become as small as a pee and is thus barely visible.

A small FPS hit but nothing to big. Still smooth 25-30 FPS in the NGX around FlyTampa Vienna. Have not tested VAS, yet.  

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Wow  :shok:

Creatore di * FS9 Supersky * ( plugin Atmo Ambient Environment ).
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment plugin ) creatore.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, (new) GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit
--------------- --------------------------------------------------------

Looks pretty good, nice screens. Although I wouldn't make a difference with Aerosoft's product. Any FPS or VAS impact?

Ok so I did a small VAS test at FlyTampa Vienna. Parked at gate, Taburet Night Environment uses approximately 300 MB VAS when enabled. So in conclusion - yes that quite a chunk  :nea:To bad there's no configuration options because it looks really good and the FPS hit is only noticeable over big cities. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Thanks for checking that out. 300mb is a bit too much for a product that is only eye candy. 300mb here, 200 there + airplane + ai traffic = VAS limit. To be honest, ORBX Global lights are good enough already, and also you can customize the size and color in the configurator provided by ORBX.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Thanks for checking that out. 300mb is a bit too much for a product that is only eye candy. 300mb here, 200 there + airplane + ai traffic = VAS limit. To be honest, ORBX Global lights are good enough already, and also you can customize the size and color in the configurator provided by ORBX.

Yes I agree. On the other hand, I would start having issue around really heavy add on airports such as FlyTampa Copenhagen, Aerosoft Heathrow etc. There was no problem flying between Aerosoft Innsbruck and FlyTampa Vienna (newest version) in the NGX + Taburet + ASN + FTX Global and Vector enabled (1024 textures, autogen normal etc).

I also find ORBX Night Lights to look very good, but since they are dependent on setting the autogen (or is it scenery complexity??) slider far to the right, it indirectly contributes to more VAS usage. If I put scenery complexity to dense and autogen to normal I only get one light pole here and there. 

As previously mentioned, Aerosofts NE does not work with HDR enabled in P3D.

Thats why I've been eager to try out UTX which comes with great night lighting. But as far as I'm concerned, UTX night lighting is also dependent on autogen settings. 

Thanks for the replies! The approach into Innsbruck looks amazing btw with this night enhancement  :wink:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Bought it for Norway as well, and the only issue is oversized light bulbs that are located very close to the runway. But I've been in contact with Raimundo Taburet (creator of this add on, which is very helpful and friendly btw - quick response on email) that he is working on updating at least the Norway package to remove these light bulbs near runways. Also, he is working on a custom set of lightning colors for me to try out. Looking forward to it!

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth