Sign in to follow this  
vcarre

PMDG JS41 is it compatible with FSX Steam Edition

I

I have lot of problem with JS41 of PMDG and the FSX version STEAM.

Is it compatible ?

Before  i am use FSX SP2/IVAO and all are OK.

Thanks

Vincent.

I've been using the JS41 on steam all year with only 1 issue. What problems are you having?

Hi Chintzo,

I know the procedure for start engine on JS41 of PMDG and  I use this plane sine 2 years. But whith the STEAM version my cockpit is dark and i don't have a voltage on baterie

EMERG GND VOLTS => O VOLS with a GPU connect (MAJ + 2)

And batt right and left is at 0 volt when commut to BATT whith selector.

Vincent

I noticed that we're having a conversation on 2 posts so I'll stick to this one.

Before I could fly the JS41 on steam I had to run the 3 simconnect applications within one of the steam folders, I don't remember which. Also make sure there is no trace of the old fsx. When you run fsx and you hit the free flight tab, make sure the default aircraft is showing not the JS41. Select the airport, time and weather. Then select the JS41. When it loads the engines should be running, beacon on and parking brake off. DO NOT LOAD A SAVED FLIGHT. This caused me problems.

I've only have 1 issue which is ias hold doesn't work. Just like me, you'll get over it.

Good luck and report your findings.

One other important note. Go to your account settings and add your full name to your signature or you'll find the post deleted. Those are the forum rules.

Hi Chintzo

Thinks for your message

My computer is a new computer empty whith any install of fsx.

This computer have just Windows 10 and FSX STEAM EDITION + PMDG JS41.

When im start fsx l take a js41 plane my airport the weather and i m clic on Flight.

My js41 is on runway and cold and dark. Just batt is light whith 0 volts on two batt.

Also for a group park whith MAJ + 2 i have 0 volt when i have turn a botom battery.

If i do CTRL E for start engine automatiquely all cockpit is dark and battery always at o volt.

It s stange.

When i used fsx (no steam edition) before my start engine check list was ok and battery at 28 volts.

Thank s for your help.

Vincent.

My default flight is the trike in mid flight. No matter what aircraft I choose it will replace the trike when I begin the flight. If I select an airport, runway or gate I will be at that position with the aircraft in the same state as the trike. Is this not the case with you.

Also did you manually install the 3 simconnect files. It may help.

I'm running windows 8.1 not 10 and even though it works for a few people the JS41 isn't designed for steam.

hi i was wondering if the pmdg js41, if it is compatible with FSX Steam Edition yet.

hi i was wondering if the pmdg js41, if it is compatible with FSX Steam Edition yet.

Welcome to the forum, but please note that forum rules require full names on all posts.

You should visit the product page for the JS4100 at precisionmanuals.com for this answer... which is no but if it changes the product page will be pretty clear about it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Not currently, but as of about 13 months ago it was the next product to get Steam compatibility:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/461721-08feb15-fsxse-for-pmdg-737ngx-j41-etc-also-dvd-customer-updates/

I personally can't wait to fly it again in SE myself, been a while since I've been able to enjoy it.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Currently the product page says "Note: Product not yet compatible with FSX:Steam Edition.  Expected compatibility date: Late February."

I'm interested that some people have this plane working in FSX:SE. If I load it I have all kinds of issues

-Throttles and condition levers are stuck in full forward position

-Battery and ground power indicate 0 volts

-Load sheet is blacked out

-Many other issues

That's pretty weird, being that today while I was installing another aircraft, in operations center it lists the products and one pf them was precisely "J41 FSX SE"...

Hi Chad,

I believe the Late February reference was for Feb 2015. Why they have not honored that notice is anyone's guess.

I think PMDG are sending mixed messages. The web site infers it is not supported in Steam. Whereas after I installed it in Steam the Operations Center identifies the product as PMDG J41 - FSX-SE. Installed version 1.10.1016. In my limited use everything seems to work. I'm under the current impression it is supported under Steam and they have not updated the purchase page. I can't think why it would not be supported - they still sell the product at full price. I wonder where they think all new users are installing the product "a boxed version of FSX". I think not.

In case you have not tried PMDG have certain recommendations when using their products. Such as ensuring the various versions of SimConnect are installed and that you start FSX with a simple/default aircraft (it may be worth ensuring the simple aircraft is a twin engine version) also no jumping between complex aircraft without restarting FSX.

Good Luck.

howevr