Sign in to follow this  
vcarre

PMDG JS41 is it compatible with FSX Steam Edition

Hi Chad,

I believe the Late February reference was for Feb 2015. Why they have not honored that notice is anyone's guess.

I think PMDG are sending mixed messages. The web site infers it is not supported in Steam. Whereas after I installed it in Steam the Operations Center identifies the product as PMDG J41 - FSX-SE. Installed version 1.10.1016. In my limited use everything seems to work. I'm under the current impression it is supported under Steam and they have not updated the purchase page. I can't think why it would not be supported - they still sell the product at full price. I wonder where they think all new users are installing the product "a boxed version of FSX". I think not.

In case you have not tried PMDG have certain recommendations when using their products. Such as ensuring the various versions of SimConnect are installed and that you start FSX with a simple/default aircraft (it may be worth ensuring the simple aircraft is a twin engine version) also no jumping between complex aircraft without restarting FSX.

Good Luck.

It was the SimConnect files I was missing. The plane is functioning now, although it would be nice if we got some kind of official update about its status in FSX: SE

simconnect sorted my problems as well. Love this plane

ZORAN

Unfortunately FMS isn't working, but everything else is fine

The FMS does work, however, you need to manually install the glassga.ttf font. That should fix that issue

I know on the Product Page it says, update for Steam Edition  to be in February.

Any idea, what year? I'm sure that i'm not the only one anxious for this update so

we can fly a great  plane we paid good money for. Any help would be deeply appreciated.  

Dan McLain

I know on the Product Page it says, update for Steam Edition  to be in February.

Any idea, what year? I'm sure that i'm not the only one anxious for this update so

we can fly a great  plane we paid good money for. Any help would be deeply appreciated.  

Dan McLain

As-is, the majority of the JS41 product works fine in FSX:SE.  Some glitchy or non-functional minor features, but more than usable currently, if you haven't tried it already.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Since I posted, I did a complete reinstall and it seems to be working OK.

Before the reinstall, every time I tried to engage the GPU I got a CTD. Now it will power up. I even was able to 

get FS2crew Voice Edition working. Haven't flown yet, but will when I remember how.  

Thanks again

By the way John,here is the path for Simconnect:  ..steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

Dan McLain

Guys I have the same issues:

- avionics inop

- no voltage on bats

- on startup engine sounds are running though engines are off.

- power and condition levers unmovable, though the tooltip shows variation when I move the levers on my quadrant.

Which of the 3 simconnects should be run to hopefully nearly solve the issues, as there are three simconnects in the folders:

FSX-RTM

FSX-SP1

FSX-XPACK

So which one is the fixer, as I'm afraid to muck something else up if I install all 3...

vafs_status.php?cs=AMA141&c=1&w=1