Sign in to follow this  
gpbarth

Southern Alaska Problem

I had installed FTX Global and it was working fantastically. Love it! And so I decided to start adding to my ORBX stuff by purchasing the Southern Alaska package. Installed fine, but niow when I go to open FSX SE, I get a message about a "ObjectFlow_SAK.dll" that I have to by-pass in order to load. If I accept it, FSX crashes. So far, I have not attempted to fly in the Alaska area due to this problem.

Any input as to why I am getting this message?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sorry for the incomplete post prior to this one. Here is the exact message I am getting when FSX SE loads. If I click on YES, FSX immediately crashes. If I click on NO, FSX apparently loads okay, and I have had no problems with running several PMDG and A2A aircraft. BUT - I have yet to try and fly out of any areas within the Southern Alaska scenery. As I stated previously, I have been using FTX Global with no problems...it was only after I loaded the Southern Alaska region that I got this error. And researching the error seemed to point me to ORBX. I always install as admin, BTW.

objectflow_error.jpg

-= Gary Barth =-

I seem to remember having the same issue. Have you gone to the ORBX site and downloaded the latest libraries? I think that solved it for me. Give that a shot and let us know if that helps.

To clarify, go here.

https://www.fullterrain.com/support

Then download the latest orbxlibs for for your sim FSX/P3Dv1 or P3Dv2.x

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

That fixed it. There was not only an update but a patch as well. Lookin' good, my first flight in the Turbine Duke from Juneau to ketchikan was beautiful! Thanks for the tip!

-= Gary Barth =-

Always run the libraries last - especially as a Steam user as they are still changing the version numbers, and every change pretty much demands an objectflow update from ORBX. If you just run FTX Central v2 that has an automatic update tool.

Well, it's happening again. Jusat installed Global Vector, Pacific Fjords, Juneau and Ketchikan, and I get a similar error - same message but it's just "ObjectFlow.dll" FSX won't start unless I skip the error, and then loads without EZ-Dok and the VC. I'm downloading a patch for the Juneau airport, per the admin. and trying again. What is ORBX doing?

Didn't work! What next?

Just dropped in over at the ORBX forums, and it seems that all of this stuff doesn't work with FSX SE, so I just spent over $160 on nothing. I would have hoped that ORBX could have posted a visible warning on their pages about this. Seems the ObjectFlow.dll stuff isn't compatible with SE:

3. Our ObjectFlow DLL library does not yet work with FSX:SE, which means any dynamic scenery elements displayed at our airports will not work. Specifically this means that you may NOT see animated people, 3D grasses, animated trees, animated animals, snow on roofs in winter, animated moving vehicles - basically anything that the airport developer has chosen to control conditionally based on time or season. The airport is still going to be functional and you will be able to land there and use it normally, but expect a few or in some cases, many things to be missing from the ground.

Objectflow.dll not working is due to FSX.exe being a newly compiled version and we have to test and re-sign ObjectFlow.dll to the new code. We will announce this new DLL as being available ASAP. 

(UPDATE): Also note that Dovetail have already pushed out a service pack which has already changed the version number of fsx.exe; with each new service pack pushed out via steam, it will necessitate Orbx patching Objectflow.dll each time. We will ultimately work toward having an automated delivery system of our DLLs so this can be done independently of our Orbxlibs patches.

-= Gary Barth =-

And now I see that ORBX is partnering with Steam to produce the "first SE ORBX scenery for Friday Harbor!"  Does this mean that all of their scenery will be working with FSX SE? Strangely enough, the errors have stopped after I ran several more "updates" and patches, so I checked out the Juneau airport, and it seems to be working with my SE, anyway.

Is there a story behind all of this? Is or isn't ORBX scenery working with SE? Inquiring minds want to know.

-= Gary Barth =-