Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

Flight 1 aircraft are crashing FSX

A new problem.   For unknown reason, when I attempt to load a Flight 1 aircraft (Cessna Mustang, King Air B200, or Cessna T182t), I get the following:

"Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Please close the program."

This does not occur with any of the default FSX planes or with any other of my add-on aircraft (Carenado etc.)

The only thing I've done just prior to this happening was installing the newly released Service Pack 3 for Active Sky Next.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.

If you first load the default C172, and then switch to the Flight1 aircraft, do you still get the error?  And what is the failing module?

Bert

Hi Bert,

Affirmative,

I always start FSX with the C172 in  cold, dark start mode, which is my startup flight,  and then switch to another aircraft (usually one of the F1 planes).

The error that appears does not have any number associated with it.  It comes up in a blue rectangular box containing the message I listed above.

Bob

Bert, I think I found the possible cause:

In the event viewer it says (near the bottom)

"Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Flight1_GarminG1000_510.GAU"

Report Id: 2ac4bfc0=4844=11e5-96e8-e0cb4e24dbc2

It appears the G1000 is the source of the problem.  Maybe I'll have to reinstall these 3 aircraft.

As much as it pains me to say it, the Flight1 Mustang is only compatible with FSX...not FSX-SE and not Prepar3D.  Flight1 has given no hint that they have any plans to ever fix it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Had the same problem with F1 Mustang due to Navigraph airacs 1509. Ideinstalled FSX/Navigraph/proc and reinstalled F1 Mustang with old airacs. Everythings working well.

Serge

Stephen and Serge,

It so happens that I just installed AIRAC 1509 for my F1 Aircraft.   So now I know the exact cause of the problem and will take corrective action.

Thanks for posting.      

Regards,

Bob

Bob - Revision 2 of Flight1 data for cycle 1509 has just been released. Update it and you should not have this problem anymore.

Cheers,

Stephen

Stephen O'Connell

Thanks Stephen,

Per the link you provided in your previous post,   I made the change manually and now all is well.

Bob

I read where you guys talked about starting FSX with the default 172. What is that suppose to do ?

Is that a common practice ? Also , I often wondered if it would help if re-starting the pc  before a flight would make FSX perform better. Thanks

The only reason to have a stock aircraft as the default flight is to prevent a "complex aircraft" being loaded first when the sim is started without a .FLT passed in as the starting flight. And this then gets loaded a second time say when a flight is loaded in the settings screens. This came about because some "complex aircraft" don't like being loaded twice.

I've found no plane, complex or otherwise that fails to work normally if it's the first flight loaded in FSX. But that's with FSX.

P3D is different and needs to be fully started up before loading a flight file with certain complex AP settings. Again it's not that there needs to be a particular basic plane, set in a particular way or anything like that, it's just that with P3D the sim needs to be fully started up.

FSX is different with the user settings screens and the sim loading in the background.

But if there's a plane or circumstance, say a 172 is needed to be loaded with the flaps down, or with some switch set in a particular way beforehand, so that another plane loads properly, and that without the 172 set accordingly the plane doesn't work. First it sounds like a faulty plane or installation, but second, i'd like to study that if anyone has an example.

Restart FSX, but don't restart the PC unless you have to, since the drive cashing will be lost and FSX will take three times as long to start fresh.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Steve, there are examples of planes without an avionics switch that can get loaded with avionics turned off, or planes with a fuel switch without a "both" setting that can loaded incorrectly, depending on the default flight saved in FSX.  Just had the avionics switch issue with the Carenado Hawker.

Just try to load a simple plane (I had the Carenado Bonanza), turn off the avionics switch, and then load the Hawker.. guess what.. avionics are dark and no switch anywhere to turn them on.

Hence the recommendation by Flight1 to start with the default C172 to have a known base to start from.

If you do not have a complex aircraft saved as your default, you should be able to load up whatever airplane directly, but safer is to start with the C172 (or have it saved as your default).

Bert

"Just try to load a simple plane (I had the Carenado Bonanza), turn off the avionics switch, and then load the Hawker.. guess what.. avionics are dark and no switch anywhere to turn them on."

And what if you just don't load a Carenado first? If you can load a 172 and not a Carenado, that looks suspiciously like another plane loaded first causes the issues - a Carenado is not a Stock FSX plane. Just to repeat what I said, loading a 172 ensures you don't load something else first...

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I totally agree, but guess what... if you have the Bonanza with avionics off saved as your default flight, the same thing happens.. :wink:

Bert