Sign in to follow this  
mrvoyager

747-400 and 800, autotrim?

I would like to know if the new 400 and 800 versions will include autotrim? My guess is the 400 will not and the 800 might have it. I really hope the 400 will not have it because I really don't like how it behaves with the 777. The 777 is so well made except for this feature, I find it a bit hard to coordinate between your manual joke and trim settings and the autotrim.

Also, anyone haves an idea when the 400 might be ready? I really like it overall, except that in the facebook pictures the vc textures where not quite 777 level, I hope they will improve this. I might be wrong thou, it might be just that the 747-400 does actually look different, with less smooth surfaces.

The pitch trim on the real 747 is not automatic so I'd be extremely surprised if the new PMDG 747v2 had autotrim. The real aircraft does have speed stability trim. This acts to oppose a pilot column input to change speed, but it isn't auto trim as such. The 737 has this too but it's not simulated in the NGX. At least if it is I haven't noticed it.

If the 747-8 has a more active stab trim system then no doubt PMDG will simulate that. But pitch control isn't fly by wire like a 777 so the pilot will always have to trim manually.

As for trimming the 777, forget about the FBW, treat it like any other aircraft and trimming will not be a problem.

Also, anyone haves an idea when the 400 might be ready?

In short, no.

ki9cAAb.jpg