Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Really slow between screens

Hi all,

Seems FSX is getting slower and slower between loading screens; for example, if I simply want to change aircraft, sometimes the screen is blank for almost a minute.

Same thing if I'm changing locations, or weather.

Sometimes it takes quite a while to start up; sometimes (often) it hangs when quitting.

However, the sim itself is running fine.

I have no idea what could be causing this...

Any thoughts?

thanks,

Andrew

The more add-ons and planes you add to FSX, the slower it responds.

Yep, spot on.

I'm the same. She's full of payware and takes a while to get going.

Runs fine though.

Hirdy

Do you have at least 8GB of physical RAM?  Sometimes a shortage of RAM will exhibit the symptoms you're seeing.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Which OS are you running, Andrew?   If Win10, there are some of us that have been having similar issues to what you have described.

Chris

Which OS are you running, Andrew?   If Win10, there are some of us that have been having similar issues to what you have described.

Chris

I am on Win 10 and have similiar issues. It seems to have started with Win 10 a couple of weeks ago.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Put this in your fsx cfg under "Main" DisablePreload=1 this should help with the window screens.  Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

1. Make sure you are using official Win 10 video drivers. Also AMD drivers are having a hard time with Win 10.

2. Disabling Preload will actually slow things down. Please do not do anything with that option. People don't understand what that option is for.

Its always worked for me with the slow screens in the menu. And it doesn't slow things down or cause other problems .  Do what you want there is no harm in trying and see if it works for you. I don't want to get in a pissing match here so this is all I have to say on this matter. Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

1. Make sure you are using official Win 10 video drivers. Also AMD drivers are having a hard time with Win 10.

2. Disabling Preload will actually slow things down. Please do not do anything with that option. People don't understand what that option is for.

Jim,

Thanks for that input. I am "slowly" monitoring Win 10 and making single changes and testing closely. I am sure I will figure out what (maybe the latest AMD driver?) is causing the problem.

Bob

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Start with a fresh FSX install with no add-ons and you'll see how fast FSX is.

Once you start adding things to FSX, then it will start to slow down.

Is ASN automatically loaded via the xml file?

Try disabling if it is

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |