Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

NEWBIE to 737NGX

Hello Everyone

I will soon be getting a new computer system with specifications to handle the 737NGX.  My specs will be

Windows 7 64bit

FSX

i5 processor, ( is an i5 processor sufficient or i7 desirable?)

8GB ram

GTX 750 Graphics Card (2gb)

At the moment I use Level D B767 using Windows 7 and FS9.  I am very happy with Level D B767 and FS9 but wish to try something new

I have watched many tutorial flights on YOUTUBE using the 737NGX.  I would welcome reccomendations for the best tutorial video for a new user.  Does PMDG produce a tutorial video?

Any other guidance and tips for a new user would be most welcome

Clive Alexander

PMDG provides a couple tutorial flights via PDF. Youtube stuff is can somewhat helpful, but I would just follow PMDG's tutorials so that you know you're doing everything right. Youtube 'tutorials' made by a regular simmer, while I don't want to degrade the videos some people have put out, are a lot more prone to errors.

Thanks for the help

When setting the trim on the 737NGX does it have to be set exact e.g 4.6 compared to 4.8.  How do you set .6 or .8, guess work? Is there  digital trim reading for this aircraft.  I do use  a digital trim guage when using Level D 767

Hello Everyone

I will soon be getting a new computer system with specifications to handle the 737NGX.  My specs will be

Windows 7 64bit

FSX

i5 processor, ( is an i5 processor sufficient or i7 desirable?)

8GB ram

GTX 750 Graphics Card (2gb)

At the moment I use Level D B767 using Windows 7 and FS9.  I am very happy with Level D B767 and FS9 but wish to try something new

I have watched many tutorial flights on YOUTUBE using the 737NGX.  I would welcome reccomendations for the best tutorial video for a new user.  Does PMDG produce a tutorial video?

Any other guidance and tips for a new user would be most welcome

Clive Alexander

If you're getting a NEW computer system I would definitely not get an i5 and not that graphics card either... 970 4GB is a much better choice, unless you want to run that pmdg with nithing else :P (if you can afford a 989 even better of course, but I know it's way too expensive for now)

I couldn't disagree with Carlos more.  I run PMDG's NGX and 777 (among others) along with TrackIR, OpusFSI, Plan G, FSInn... with no problems... (except for the occasional OOM around high population density areas in the 777)  There's no need for a supercomputer... although, it helps if you can afford one.  I can't.

i5 - 3470 @ 3.2GHz

12.0 GB

GeForce 730

Cheers!

Eric Gee

Certified RTFM instructor

Thanks for the help

When setting the trim on the 737NGX does it have to be set exact e.g 4.6 compared to 4.8. How do you set .6 or .8, guess work? Is there digital trim reading for this aircraft. I do use a digital trim guage when using Level D 767

As someone mentioned, you have to eye ball it. The real plane doesn't have Tool Tips like FSX, so you have to just get it as close as you can by eye. The plane will still fly if you're .1 or .2 degrees off.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have chosen a specification chosen on performance and price.  Please let me know if the following specs would be suffient for the 737NGX

Intel i5-4460 (3.2Ghz) 6Mb Cache

GTX 750 Ti (2Gb)

8Gb Ram DDR3 1600 Mhz

Windows 7 64bit

I have chosen a specification chosen on performance and price.  Please let me know if the following specs would be suffient for the 737NGX

Intel i5-4460 (3.2Ghz) 6Mb Cache

GTX 750 Ti (2Gb)

8Gb Ram DDR3 1600 Mhz

Windows 7 64bit

Should be sufficient. However I advise you to pick a CPU that is overclockable like the 4690K