Sign in to follow this  
basti128

Prepar3D 2.5 Bolt texture error / flickering

Hey guys,

I've recently made a fresh installation of Prepar3D 2.5 because I had some weird bolt texture erros while thunderstorms. Unfortunately a fresh installation didn't solve the problem at all.. So I thougt I might ask you guys, if someone can help me out with it.
I use Active Sky Next (latest update), REX 4 texture direct and REX soft clouds for the weather implamantation.

Below you can see the texture error I've talked about.

thank you guys!

http://s7.postimg.org/4rgrm5fyz/Prepar3_D_2015_08_23_10_47_35_48.png

Hello Basti,

i asume you running P3D2 in SLI mode. This is a common bug along some other effects that arent working properly in SLI. There is the menu bug as well. The GPUs will go out of sync as soon as you go into the menus or hitting the right mouse button. If you do that then the effects will work again but SLI is not working correctly. To gain SLI back again you have to hit alt+enter to switch between windowed mode and fullscreen mode.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Hello Basti,

i asume you running P3D2 in SLI mode. This is a common bug along some other effects that arent working properly in SLI. There is the menu bug as well. The GPUs will go out of sync as soon as you go into the menus or hitting the right mouse button. If you do that then the effects will work again but SLI is not working correctly. To gain SLI back again you have to hit alt+enter to switch between windowed mode and fullscreen mode.

Hey Mickeyi,

well yes that's true I'm running Prepar3D in SLI. I will try shutting SLI off to see if it's the source of the problem. Aren't there any solutions to get this working correctly while using SLI?

thanks alot!

Hey Mickeyi,

well yes that's true I'm running Prepar3D in SLI. I will try shutting SLI off to see if it's the source of the problem. Aren't there any solutions to get this working correctly while using SLI?

thanks alot!

Actually SLI is the source of it check this vid i made

In the first few seconds you see the chopper with correct effects but there gone when SLI is working properly. Unfortunately there is no reasonable solution right now. It might be a thing on both sides nVidia and LM. 

In this vid you see the broken effects.

For more see this blog

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0irouYfN6ewMCDblzAcXuA

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Hi again,

actually there is more then a workaround rather than a solution. I forgott about the NI settings. Check this vid Rob made...

The pros, all effects will work as they should, no SLI unsync when entering the menus nor pressing klicking right mouse button. The downside of these settings, they will crank up the workload on both GPUs. So if you have high shadow settings you might encountere slight stuttering. For ex i have Simobjects and Tree shadows enabled cast+receive + clouds+terrain etc @ high. I have slight micro stuttering with these. Switching off simobjects+trees -cast- solves it.

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg