Sign in to follow this  
cbrdriver

EnableDataBroadcast Steam Edition

This flag is found in the 737NGX_Options.INI but there is no such file in the steam edition.

Where would I turn on data broadcasting as well as CDU broadcasting .0 and .1?

Thank you,

John Anderson

John Anderson

Windows 10, FSX:SE

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

This flag is found in the 737NGX_Options.INI but there is no such file in the steam edition.

Looking in the right folder?

PMDG folder in the main FSX:SE folder.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks, Kyle.

I checked again, but it's not there.

The airplane works. I've yet to have any problems. I even took her up for a short hop after I realized that file wasn't there, and with the same quality flight.

FLIGHTPC-2015-aug-24-047_zpsb5edj9tn.jpg

John Anderson

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

It took me a minute to get that one up, but I probably got it posted 1/2 second before your request.

I also made sure to make visible any hidden files or folders.

John Anderson

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

I checked again, but it's not there.
The airplane works. I've yet to have any problems. I even took her up for a short hop after I realized that file wasn't there, and with the same quality flight.

Running FSX:SE as an admin?

Kyle Rodgers

I am. Set permanently on the compatibility tab of properties.

John Anderson

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

I am. Set permanently on the compatibility tab of properties.

If this is the case, then the file should definitely be there. The file isn't created until the sim runs at least once with the NGX. At that point, all the settings are stored in the Options.ini for use in later sessions. The reason admin level is important is that without it, the file would be temporary only for the one session, and then it would be deleted.

Have you changed any of the settings off of the defaults, and are they returning to default, or staying at what you set them to?

Kyle Rodgers

I have.

I've played with different configs, with and without GPS ant, altitude call outs, service based failures (with two engine failure on two separate flights), and they all continue with my settings. I'm sure of this because I'd accidentally set the 400 call out, and after several flights, was annoyed enough to finally turn it off.

I have to be missing something.

Maybe changing the settings, then looking for the file while FSX:SE is still running?

EDIT:

Against your advice, Steam and FSX:SE are installed to the default folders. I felt railroaded by the steam installation and didn't see a chance to change it.

John Anderson

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

Maybe changing the settings, then looking for the file while FSX:SE is still running?

If your settings are persisting between sim sessions (like the IRS setting to realistic time, and so on), then the file is being saved somewhere. If you have a side by side installation, and you installed FSX:SE early on, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a registry error pointing to the wrong location from one of the sims. To test, try and find the file in your regular FSX install, and change one of the ON/OFF options in the options.ini from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0 and see if the FSX:SE install is affected.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm ashamed to say that mine was a self inflicted problem.

I looked back over the introduction and the two things that I'd been doing contrary to instruction was to:

Have the default installation path, and

Saving the flight after shut down, marking it as DEFAULT FLIGHT.

I'm not sure how I was keeping my settings, but there again, not knowing I needed to be paying attention, I may have missed some things. Maybe the only settings that stuck were tail number specific.

I did think it strange to have engine failure to close in time.

I changed the default flight then shut it down, then after reading your response, I went in to check and changed to Rockwell MCP. Then while FSX:SE was still running, I checked to find the file there. After shut down, it stayed.

Thank you for your time and patience. . . it was my mistake.

John Anderson

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB

Thank you for your time and patience. . . it was my mistake.

Glad to hear you have it solved.

Kyle Rodgers