Sign in to follow this  
logic28

PMDG 737 overhead on touchscreen

Hi Guys,

Has any of you used a touchscreen for the overhead panel in P3D?

It's just that with FSX I had it working just fine…. I could get the "right click" on knobs and switches by holding my finger on it for a couple of seconds.

I finally had time to install my freshly acquired P3D on the new

Sabertooth Z97 Mark1 

Intel box CPU Intel 1150 i7-4790K Ci7 Box(4,00GHz)

Noctua NH15 cooler

16 Gb Memorie corsair vengeance cmy16gx3m2a1866c9 ddr3 16gb(2x8gb) 1866mhz

E-VGA - G-Force GTX 980

Touchscreen on HDMI all others on Display / DVI

and I am only getting the left click function….. same touchscreen same OS… don't gets it…….sounds like different drivers have been  installed … ? ?……….. Or could the overhead panel of P3D have a different script ?

Any thought  ? ?

Cheers guys

Hi there,

I use a touchscreen for my FMC (sorry CDU :fool: ), so don't need the right click, but I know can choose from several options how the screen should react when touching it.

And as far as I know the right-click behaviour can be disabled when choosing the wrong option.

I suggest you should check a standard right-click on the Desktop for example and find out how to change that option for your screen. Then I would assume it will also work for P3D :smile:

Regards

Marc

Marc Weber

Hi Marc,

I didn't know that you could choose an option for the touchscreen (never used one before) but I didn't change anything from the previous PC,  if so, it must have happened spontaneously  during Windows installation.

I will check online how to enable / disable right click for the touchscreen even though I haven't seen anything so far.

Thanks for your input.

Maz

I've checked all settings in widows and they appear to be identical to the other pc (still running FSX, BTW).

For some unknown reason P3D does not allow "pen & touch" settings to work on any of the panels…. in other words one cannot use a touchscreen as it was intended to be used for.

I have searched for days just to see if anybody else is suffering the same with no joy.

Perhaps the new PMDG for P3D is implementing this?….. I was waiting for the x 64 …..  :wink:

Maz

Does your touchscreen supports multi-touch ? 

So that you could benefit from windows "touch gestures" thing

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/using-touch-gestures

As I was saying, it works fine in FSX