Sign in to follow this  
Alec

Trying to achieve the Dream of Smooth Stutter Free Simming

I'm also using MT6 and don't see what you describe but I only use the AI models for online flying on Vatsim and don't have the MT6 software installed so maybe that's where the problem is in your case.

I only use MT6 for long haul in the PMDG777 (where I don't bother sitting behind the desk 5-12 hours). Normal flights on VATSIM, though shorter, is still smooth. It could be something else of course. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I get horrible stutters every 2-3 seconds when using My Traffic for P3D 2.5. It is smooth in the beginning (prepping, takeoff, climb), but during cruise it slowly gets worse. I don't want to talk about the approach and landing. A real stutter mess! And thats only with 20 % AI.

Same flight without My Traffic AI - almost smooth as butter. Anyone else experienced this?

Hi, are you using "Air Traffic Manager" to tame your AI Traffic. Search "Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D" in the forums. I could not fly without it. You can set the target amount of aircraft and it will periodically cull the AI in excess of that number but keep your target numbert of aircraft intact near you.

I have MyTraffic 6 set to 30% and I will also eventually get stutters from the AI traffic if flying in high density areas. Setting the "Air Traffic Manager" to a reasonable number solves my issues. I use between 30 - 50 depending on circumstances.

Regards

Michael M

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

Hi, are you using "Air Traffic Manager" to tame your AI Traffic. Search "Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D" in the forums. I could not fly without it. You can set the target amount of aircraft and it will periodically cull the AI in excess of that number but keep your target numbert of aircraft intact near you.

I have MyTraffic 6 set to 30% and I will also eventually get stutters from the AI traffic if flying in high density areas. Setting the "Air Traffic Manager" to a reasonable number solves my issues. I use between 30 - 50 depending on circumstances.

Regards

Michael M

Thanks, I will try it out.

Yes, the AI traffic slider actually makes no sense. 20 % might be nothing on a large airport but on a small it is certainly enough AI planes. I never go above 30 %, but it seems as MT6 injects more traffic during the flight, thus maybe ending up with stutters on descent and final approach. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth