Sign in to follow this  
Martin Connor

Transition

I'll apologize before I start this thread, because I know the answer will be obvious when it's given.

On the descent, I get the QNH value for the arrival airport before getting to the transition level, and set it in the captain's altimeter.  I have my aircraft set to sync, so all three altimeters take the same value.  However, when passing the transition level, the FO states he is setting his altimeter to 29.92.  What do I need to do to get the FO to set it to the value I have entered?

Thanks

Martin

Martin Connor (Cert Ed)

Early retiree from UK Further & Higher Education College

Specialized in Computer Networking and early adoption of new technologies.

Interests:3D Design, Scenery Creation for FSX, Photography. Programming.

Hi Martin,

FS2Crew  can't read the pre-selected QNH because the data is not available via the SDK.

Are you referring the pre-selected value?

If so, that won't work.  The FO can only read the actual QNH value displayed in the PFD. 

Thanks Bryan, grovel to PMDG in order I guess. 

Martin Connor (Cert Ed)

Early retiree from UK Further & Higher Education College

Specialized in Computer Networking and early adoption of new technologies.

Interests:3D Design, Scenery Creation for FSX, Photography. Programming.

Hi!

I'm using SOP1 and FO sets wrong altimeter setting during transition. For example if PFD had 1012hPa he sets it to 1011 (minus 1) and so on.

I have another transition question.  On departure from an airport in the USA, the transition altitude is 18000.  I verify that 18000 is set in the PERF INIT page, and when passing 18000 on the ascent the PM correctly resets the altimeters to STD.  If I am arriving at an airport where the transition altitude is not 18000 (say 14000) I enter 14000 in the PERF INIT page prior to starting the descent.  But on the descent, the PM again resets the altimeters to STD at 18000, not 14000 as set in the PERF INIT page.  Is there somewhere else besides the FMC where I need to set the transition altitude?

Thanks.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Sorry, meant to say that the altimeters are set to the local setting on descent not STD.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

You should set the arrival transition altitude on the descent forecast page.

Brian W

KPAE

Ah-Ha.  Enter it on the Descent forecast page.  Knew I was missing something.  Thanks for the help.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |