Sign in to follow this  
jcpg

CLS MD 81/82

HI guys,

I just got the "old" CLS MD 81/82 and what a nice plane to fly. I really love it and although it's old, they still flown around the world extensively. It has beautiful  grafics  and most systems do work quite well. I highly recommend it if you looking for a different experience. I usually fly PMDG , AS and QW products and this one is not far behind.  For those who don't know this plane you'll not be sorry to buy it.  I just got one issue thou and that is when you coming in for landing you have to go slower than the landing speeds given on the fms or the nose will point slightly down.  I tried to set the nose tilt a bit up but it runs back to the same spot. I've consulted the manual and no help there about the problem. I read the all about it here Avsim and I see no solution. My question is, did anyone got a fix to this problem and somehow fly the aircraft at the right speeds as advised on the fms? Specially old simmers with stacks of experience...They usually know it all.  Also the outside view engine noise could be improved, perhaps with some sound download or whatever. Apart from that, this plane is a pleasure to fly. 

Thanks a million in advance.

johngoncalves.

Hi edetroit It's the CLS MD 81/82.  The sysems are basic stuff. 

Thanks guys, but you 're not helping with the my questions.  :Shame On You:

Cheers :hi:

The CLS MD80's systems operate nothing like an MD80, the Autopilot modes are far from realistic and the FMC is very basic, I would would doubt that you could fly this addon by the numbers.

File along side Carenado and buy the Maddog, it won't look as nice but it is a work of art systems wise.

What's interesting about the landing speed is that it's ALWAYS calculated at 140, without regard to the aircrafts weight.  Unfortunatly, there is no fix to the nose down situation on landing.  What's really frustrating is pulling the yoke back, to flare, has little, to no, impact on aircraft.  As you stated, the only wy to achieve said flare is to drastictically reduce the VREF speed. I would recommend potentional buyers avoid this aircraft as it suffers from poor flight dynamics;  then again, we can pretty much say this about all CLS aircraft.  Get the Maddog...

Matt King

I agree about the CKS. It's not going to fly like a high end adfon. Like others have said, the Leonardo Maddox is off the charts with its fidelity.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Jcpg, are your fuel weights in line with what you should have when landing?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi there guys, yes agreed, not a top add on if compared with other high end. I did exaggerate.  But if you make a flight plan from A to B,  you'll get to B without any problems and as you planned. You'll autoland if you so wish and flare it yourself on landing as long as you disconnect A/P. The fuel weights were at roughly 30%.  I do stand by what I said it's still nice to fly it.  mIFR or VRF. Just the old problem nose down on landing. But will try to rectify that one as advised by some members and ok systems are not so good. FMS very basic too. Thanks to you all for the help. I do really appreciate.  You're a great bunch of people.

Cheers

john goncalves