Sign in to follow this  
Fabian Reiff

FSX stopped working upon RAAS init

I've read through the forums, I've read through this click.

I've followed the instructions on simply clicking "YES".

I cannot get RAAS to work anymore.

It all happened after a clean install of FSX, because I wanted to install it on a different HDD.

So after I installed everything, and launching FSX it crashes. Upon relaunch I found out, that RAAS is the culprit.

I use it in combination with the Airbus, so it's the locked version, and it worked before I know it. I have also downloaded the newest updated locked RAAS Version from the FS2crew site.

Seems like I've run into this rare simconnect bug, which has successfully prevented me from playing FSX and now nearly cost me 2 consecutive days without being able to solve this problem. I'm currently completly out of ideas, and don't want to spent 4h to reinstall FSX including all AddOns I've got (would be around 150GB)... and of course I don't have the guarantee that it will work afterwards.

So if the solution is to simply click yes, well I've done that for like 50-80 times.

The crash always happens at the same address and it's always the RAASAUDIO32.dll file.

According to the log RAAS keeps getting to "Loading CURRENT sounds set...", then FSX crashes.

Exception Code: 0xc0000005

Exception Offset: 0x0004e134

Fault Module NAme: RAASAUDIO32.dll

Hope you can come up with anything else

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

UPDATE:

After hours of trying and doing a complete re-install of FSX which didn't help at all, I found the solution to the RAAS crash FSX on initialisation.

It was not simconnect bug, it was Audials One 12 Suite, obviously the last deinstall didn't clean the installed capturing devices, so now I reinstalled Audials and did a complete uninstall again. This time, the capturing devices were removed.

Seems like FSX didn't like those capturing devices in combination with RAAS, and thus it crashed.

Well 4h ahead on installing all my addons. But I think I've now found the solution.

Glad you got it sorted.

Correct, our audio engine does not like with when programs that can strip DRM rights from digital music are on user's machines.

This is documented in the troubleshooting section.

It's Microsoft's audio engine... I have no control over that I'm afraid.

Best,