Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Phenom Autopilot

GTN 750 is the only way to go in a Corenado bird

But then we are not really simulating a Phenom and its G1000 system, what's the point in that  ?

Is there a Carenado business jet that does work correctly, If I felt the need to buy one which one would be the one to go for ?

I have both the Hawker and the Phenom.  I like the Phenom significantly more, autopilot issues aside.  Unfortunately, I haven't found any P3D compatible business jets except these.

But then we are not really simulating a Phenom and its G1000 system, what's the point in that  ?

I guess it depends on what you want to simulate.  You can simulate a phenom with a GTN-750 installed instead of the G1000.  Or you can simulate a Phenom with a G1000 that has a few bad transistors.  Some of us prefer the Phenom with the fully functional GTN-750.  :smile:

Cheers,

Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

I guess it depends on what you want to simulate.  You can simulate a phenom with a GTN-750 installed instead of the G1000.  Or you can simulate a Phenom with a G1000 that has a few bad transistors.  Some of us prefer the Phenom with the fully functional GTN-750.  :smile:

Cheers,

Bill

:Applause:

I guess it depends on what you want to simulate. You can simulate a phenom with a GTN-750 installed instead of the G1000. Or you can simulate a Phenom with a G1000 that has a few bad transistors.

Do you really think that there are Phenom 300's out there with the G1000 ripped out and replaced by a GTN 750 ?

Do you really think that there are Phenom 300's out there with the G1000 ripped out and replaced by a GTN 750 ?

No, I don't think there are.  But, I suspect if there were any Phenom 300's with the Carenado G1000, there just might be some with the GTN.  But, to me, FSX isn't "out there" it's a playland where we can have things, more or less, the way we want them.  And, I am not criticizing those who want to use the G1000.  But the Carendo version is frustrating, at least it has been for me.  I found the GTN750 works as it should.  I can pull up a RNAV approach on the GTN750 and have the autopilot fly direct to the initial fix from which the Phenom tracks the course and glide slope flawlessly.  Bottom line is the GTN750 allows me to enjoy this beautiful rendidtion of the Phenom free of frustration.  If you want the G1000 modeled correctly, I think the Flight1 Kingair is close, but I don't have it, so I don't know for sure.

Cheers,

Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Purist will really like the fact that I even use the GTN 750 in my A2A B-17 and B-377. I figure if I am flying a real restored version of those planes that I would use the most modern, working navigation option to be safe. 

As for the Phenom 300 navigation system if I had a real Phenom 300 and the gps was made by Corenado I would rip it out in a heart beat. If it was a real Phenom 300 and your G1000 was not safe would you still insist on flying with it?

You want the Phenom to imitate real life and fly with the G1000 but if it was real life and the G was defective you would get it fixed (Oh wait, it can't be fixed), or replace it. Now we can't replace it with another G1000 but we can (thanks Bert) replace it with a fully working GTN 750. Now that is how real it will get in FSX.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Talking about the Garmin 1000, for those of us who have the Navagraph's for the PMDG 737 ----can you put it in this bird? Mind you i  use the pop up for the G750 cause can't get it in but i'm just wondering instead of paying for the one for ther 300 that just came out 

Talking about the Garmin 1000, for those of us who have the Navagraph's for the PMDG 737 ----can you put it in this bird? Mind you i  use the pop up for the G750 cause can't get it in but i'm just wondering instead of paying for the one for ther 300 that just came out 

Not unless you have the Navigraph expansion for the phenom installed, along with a Navigraph subscription. 

Louis:

Did you ever get the GN750 to work?  Mine is still showing up as a black screen....

No Kelly,  re tried again  last night  and i give up so i just use the pop up and resize it . If i would of known that i wouldn't of bought this 300 . What no one mentions is in the Flight One config -you open it up and you tick off any plane you want to have the pop up in -so when you stick this in here with Bert's mod do you diaable it so the pop up isn't ticked ? Ha you get a black screen -i have nothing. 

But the Carendo version is frustrating, at least it has been for me.  I found the GTN750 works as it should.  I can pull up a RNAV approach on the GTN750 and have the autopilot fly direct to the initial fix from which the Phenom tracks the course and glide slope flawlessly.  Bottom line is the GTN750 allows me to enjoy this beautiful rendidtion of the Phenom free of frustration.  If you want the G1000 modeled correctly, I think the Flight1 Kingair is close, but I don't have it, so I don't know for sure.

Respectable preference, Bill, but, if I am allowed to ask: are you guys sure that you're really trying to perform RNAV approaches with the default G1000 properly? I doubt so. RNAV approaches work fine. Also, the RNAV approaches provided by the GTN750 outside US and Canada are often more obsolete and/or inaccurate than those provided by any system supporting the Navigraph updates. Direct experience.

And no, the G1000 in the Flight1 King Air B200 is far from being perfect and complete. Nor is the autopilot, where VNAV is completely missing.

Reproducing a complete and fully functional G1000 is extremely difficult and time-consuming. I do not expect any product below $ 60 will ever offer it. Why would the Flight1 Garmin G1000 Student Simulator cost $ 249,00, otherwise? With SafeTaxi and other nice additions only available as plug-ins (meaning, add more money to base price)?

The pop up of the GN 750?  My pop up window is blank as well.

Sounds like you have an obsolete version of the GTN. Go the the Flight1 site and make sure to download the latest version, which comes with the F1 Update Tool embedded.

Hi Barrel_owl,

No, I am probably not trying to perform RNAV approaches properly with the default G1000.  Maybe that would make a difference.  But, to be honest, I have given up on the Carenado G1000, as it tends to take the fun out of this hobby for me.  Again, I am not meaning any disrespect for those of you who prefer it, I just don't want to wrestle with it any more.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Sounds like you have an obsolete version of the GTN. Go the the Flight1 site and make sure to download the latest version, which comes with the F1 Update Tool embedded.

Perhaps, but the GN 750 works fine in the Hawker and Kodiac Quest.  I will see if there is an update this evening.