Hi Bryan,

congrats once again on reboot - enjoying it immensely!

Just wanted to ask you if it's at all feasible to add a few voice commands for the PM? These relate to the 3 warning annunciators located above the ND.

I know we can command the PM to RESET MASTER CAUTION - but it would also be helpful to have the PM do the following:

RESET AUTOPILOT

RESET AUTO THROTTLE

RESET FMC

Many thanks.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

RESET AUTOPILOT
RESET AUTO THROTTLE

Why would you need to ask the FO to "reset" the A/P or A/T warnings?

The A/P warning is acknowledged by pressing the AP disconnect switch a second time when you disconnect the A/P.

And same for the A/T warning.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

For example, when I'm shooting an approach going onto final using the HGS, and I've instructed the PM to disengage the auto-pilot and the auto throttle, I don't want to be distracted having to look away from the HGS and push the buttons and silence the warning horns.

Why wouldn't the PM do this to assist the PF? What else would the PM be doing at this stage that would be more important?

Besides, if the PM can be commanded to silence the Master Caution button, why not these others?

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

During an approach, the A/P and A/T are always disconnected by the pilot flying, not the pilot monitoring.

The A/P disconnect switch on either yoke is used by the pilot flying to disconnect the A/P and silence the warning.

The A/T disconnect switch on either thrust lever is used by the pilot flying to disconnect the A/T and silence the warning.

So you wouldn't have to ask the PM to disconnect either one for you.

You can map some keys to these two buttons in the key commands option and the FMC and map some buttons of your devices through fsuipc (registered) or the software devices. 

I use the SOP1 in which you as PF is in charge of disconnecting both and I don't know the SOP2 and SOP3 but I would be really surprised that in either one you would ask the PM to do it for you.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

I understand.

I guess I could map the resets around my joystick device.

From a logical perspective - if we are able to command the PM to reset the Master Caution why not the others?

Also, with Emergency NGX at some point to be coupled with Reboot - I wonder if there will be occasions whereby the PM as part of an emergency SOP will be responsible for silencing the various alarms and warning horns including the abovementioned Auto-Pilot and Auto-Throttle?

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

A/P and A/T, and other warning are different things and must not be confused.

As I said in my post above, the warning sounds for the A/P and A/T are reset by pressing the same switches as to disconnect them. So they are done only by the PF and they are so placed on the yoke and thrust levers so the PF don't have move his hands.

Basically, you will never ask the PM to reset these warning whatever the situation is and therefore I strongly doubt you will ever see a voice command for that in fs2crew.

As for the Master caution, it is slightly different. If you are flying with the A/P engaged when the bailer goes out, then you would reset it yourself (as well as the other warnings, except for the A/P and A/T)

However, if you're flying manually, you won't want to let go the yoke or the thrust levers to reach the master caution switch if you are in the middle of a manoeuvre and you will ask the PM to reset them for you.

As for the FMC, you never get a urgent warning on the FMC and the warning always concern the navigation (may it be profile or fuel). It means that you have to read them but you don't have to reset them immediately.

So if you are flying manually, you would just wait for the aircraft to be stable before reset it.

No need for the PM to acknolewdge the message immediately here.

So this is the logic why you have only the voice command for the Master caution and not the others in Fs2crew.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Thanks for the explanation.

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

You can reset these buttons very easily. Press AP Disengage on your Joystick or Yoke twice. And also press A/T Arm twice, and these lights will extinguish.

Jan Podlipsky