Sign in to follow this  
DVNT28

Questions for Purchasing P3D 1st time

Hi I just have a few questions if someone could please help me out before I purchase P3D as these items were not clear on the the P3D website.

1. Can I buy P3D from anywhere other than www.prepar3d.com? Or is this the only place to get it? (I've only bought products from Flightsim store before)

2. At the prepar3d.com website do I need to setup an account 1st?

3. At the prepar3d.com website, after purchase, can I download it as many times as I need (if my download fails or I lose my install for some reason). And how many times can it be downloaded? (is there a limit)

4. Can I use something like getright (free veersion) for pausing & resuming my download?

5. How big is the download file? (my ADSL2 is slow...3Mbps download)

6.Is the academic licence a once only payment?

I would greatly appreciate help on these questions before I take the plunge, thanks so much :smile:

1; No

2; Yes, but that can be done at the same time

3; Yes, no limit as long as you deactivate before resintalling - if you forget then you may need to ask L-M to reactivate the license  - usually takes a couple of working days (this is not a hobby product)

4; Yes, but they already break down the full 10 gig installer (thats Q5 answered !)  into 1 gig chunks as an option

6: Yes for the life of THAT series  - so P3D V2.x, BUT there is a V3 on the horizon so you may want to hold off the purchase until then as it will be a separate purchase to start the cycle off again.

Great thanks so much :smile:

The 1 gig chunks will help a lot! with the download. I'm glad you told me that.

I might wait for V3....Unless i just can't wait! lol

Great thanks so much :smile:

The 1 gig chunks will help a lot! with the download. I'm glad you told me that.

I might wait for V3....Unless i just can't wait! lol

If I were thinking about buying right now, I would definetly wait for version 3. Shouldn't be that long of a wait. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Get it now using the 10 buck a month  plan then discontinue that when 3 comes out and test that with the 10 buck plan and when happy with it purchase the full version. 

It could be a very long winter before 3 comes out so why wait?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

If I were thinking about buying right now, I would definetly wait for version 3. Shouldn't be that long of a wait.

Hmmmm.....the great unknown! Can i still use v2.5 after v3 comes out? Or do i have to upgrade straight away?

Hmmmm.....the great unknown! Can i still use v2.5 after v3 comes out? Or do i have to upgrade straight away?

You can still use 2.5 but 3, may have features that you really want. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

You can still use 2.5 but 3, may have features that you really want. 

I'm sure it will,...It would be great if it was 64bit! That would be awesome.

I'm curious to see how my current hardware enjoys P3D. I get good frame rates in FSX. its not uncommon for me to get well over 60fps-90fps with something like the A2A c172

Yes, P3D V3 will be a separate install and purchase, not an update.As with v1.4 and v2, the two will co-exist - although how happily no-one can say until they try it.

I've been extremely pleased with P3D v2.5.  I never experience any major issues, no matter what I throw at it, with the exception of some stutters, which I can live with (rather have that than chasing frames and find the whole sim crashing).  I am sure v3 will be better, but how much is the real question and we'll only find out once it is released.  I'll hold off on any upgrade until the early adopters try it out and break it. lol  :Clown:

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Great, thanks for your input guys. I'm really looking forward to P3d features such as dx11 support, shadows incl cloud shadows etc

I was just about to buy the Program...until I read the EULA. To be honest I'm nervous about having to agree to Indemnify LM!

I'm sure it will,...It would be great if it was 64bit! That would be awesome.

I'm curious to see how my current hardware enjoys P3D. I get good frame rates in FSX. its not uncommon for me to get well over 60fps-90fps with something like the A2A c172

I wouldn't care if I got 150 FPS in a sim, what I want is smooth stutter free performance, and that is what I get in P3D that I never had in MSFS. 

I was just about to buy the Program...until I read the EULA. To be honest I'm nervous about having to agree to Indemnify LM!

I think I saw some LM police running a drone outside my  window last week while I was flying my Aerosoft Airbus and smiling...  I closed my blinds.  :wink:

I've taken to unplugging my internet connection before loading up a Boeing. You never know who's watching !  :Nail Biting: